Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Picked up a clean '97 Sport

Nice! could be twins! Did yours have the retro green interior too?!?!?
  2. E

Thanks! ..and I'd never sell it for the right price! haha, never find another like this.
  3. E

So since it’s been a year, figure I’d give a little update on the ’97. Been running awesome, Girlfriend still drives it. She won’t give it up, absolutety loves it! The only way I’m gonna get it back is if I buy her something new! So more rust proofing, had it sprayed with Rustkote. Pretty nice...
  4. E

Now I'm afraid to drive it an ruin it! lol Maybe some museum will offer to buy it from me!
  5. E

So it’s been a bit since I visited an updated my thread. After the body work I knew it was time to Bullet…er uh Rust Proof the old girl for snow duty. It brings a tear to my eye to drive this thing in the slop and luckily it’s been a mild winter. Also, this has been a second vehicle too so it...
  6. E

Auto down window not stopping...?

Hey guys, Quick question.... My '97 sport driver's side window has the auto down (or one touch down, whatever its called) and when you hit it it goes all the way down and does not stop until it is fully down even if you hit the up switch. Usually when it's on it way down it will stop where...
  7. E

^thats the twin to mine! http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=433655
  8. E

Good to know. I'm going to run this same setup on my Sport Trac. ...she's gonna earn the privilege to drive it again...trust me!
  9. E

All fixed, but I need two trim pieces if you guys can keep an eye out for me I’d appreciate it. I think I have the rarest interior color ever made though! Maybe a black scuff plate would work. Not sure about that lower door molding… The ones on this truck are basically flawless… so pissed! Lol...
  10. E

DRL an interior light Electrical gremlins on my Sport trac...

Was the bulb. Only thing left is the dimmer roller swithc, I'm sure everyone knows how to change that. Thread can be deleted to save space if need be.
  11. E

Ok, Been playing with the new Sport trac so I’ve been neglecting you guys here. Body work and paint is all done, picking it up this week when I get a chance and I’ll post pics. Now I have way too much money into this thing to ever get out of it so I’m keeping it forever! Anyway, a few weeks...
  12. E

^thank you. ...but after further review I realized that I am a dumb f!!! ....I happened to notice the little switch on my rearview that says autolamp.... ! And I actually took the effort to open up my rear light and see that the bulb appears to be bad. I'll stop at O-zone and grab one...
  13. E

New to me vehicle blues…. Few Questions about Electrical gremlins on my Sport trac. The headlights are not auto on but they do come on whenever the vehicle is started… even if the switch is off, so I’m assuming they are daytime running lights. But if they are DRL’s, in the manual it says the...
  14. E

Picked up a Clean '03 Sport Trac...

Thanks man! Checked it out, looks really good.... I'll post updates soon!
  15. E

Okay, back to the trucks.... I still say it doesnt look that glossy! haha! Snap me a close up when you get a chance if you could. I guess I need to see it on a silver one.... Who's this "what's his name" from Indiana you speak of??!?!?
  16. E

My brother was a parts slinger, used to go from swap meet to swap meet back before ebay was around with a trailer of parts. I used to tag along with when I could 11 or 12 years old diggin through boxes of old ford parts. He was big on the first gen mustang stuff but had everything in his...
  17. E

Like It! Please let me see more!!!
  18. E

429 –2 silver salvagers with 63k… Cool Coincidence! Hope it’s not a bad sign! Haha! Definetly not doing Gloss black! O1ST’s does not look that glossy. It’s more of the Matte look I was thinking of, kind like bedliner… but really didnt want to do that either… Whats with the 429cj? What do you...
  19. E

I Absolutely need to have that RLC bumper! I like the second truck down with the hoop up over the winch. Definetly may do that. Not too keen on cutting up the front fascia but oh well. Very true that we can get away with Body lifts on these trucks and not be gawdy like others… Not too worried...
  20. E

Well, Apparently I’ve caught something because I can’t stop buying Explorer’s now… Just picked up an ’03 Sport Trac with only 63K on it. Silver (did I mention I hate silver vehicles….) It’s very clean (not as clean as my green ’97) but clean for a northern vehicle. Apparently it’s from southern...
  21. E

Still progressing nicely... They assured me that all the bondo dust will be cleaned up! Haha! Yes, I'm that **** when it comes to my vehicles! Oh and BTW, I think I've caught something... Just picked up an '03 sport trac.... Very clean, not this clean but very clean nonetheless!
  22. E

I havent had the heart to tell him yet... I will after it's all fixed. My body guy is one of the best around and everything will be done perfectly so I'm not worried. I've been over there several times and even though I dont do that work I know enough about it to help a bit and see whats going...
  23. E

Yeah but when something like this happens, you prolly could care a heck of alot less then I did...
  24. E

Progressing nicely.... Still unbelievable how Clean this thing is. The body man is a friend of mine and his is still in awe. Says its a pleasure to work on them when they are this clean! haha! hopefully it'll be reflected in the price.
  25. E

Sport drivers door needed...

Thank you everyone for your help... I just picked up a parts truck, Came from west Virginia. Southern body, no rot. Good motor, tranny, transfer case. Disc brake 8.8 rear end (not sure what gears yet). Perfect Lift gate, Fenders passenger door, hood. Interior is not the best but it's...
Back