Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Will these fit?!?!

This part is not compatible with 2021 Ford Explorer ST Sport Utility 4-Door 3.0L 2956CC 181Cu. In. V6 GAS DOHC Turbocharged. according to their ad
  2. M

Miles to empty going up

It's never on a full tank though. Once we fill it , seems to do better.
  3. M

Miles to empty going up

It happened again this weekend . Driving up to Chicago to see my son. Started out with 220 MTE and halfway there was still at 218 . Then went to 216 up to 217 and then slowly started coming down. The fuel gauge works so can tell by that at least . I'll mention it to service desk when I take it...
  4. M

Miles to empty going up

Filled it up and it went to 381 and the gauge showed full. Was at 360 when we arrived . It still stayed on 360 for a long time on the way home but finally started going down and stayed down. I'm going to keep my eye on it but I've never noticed it before and we do mostly highway trips with this...
  5. M

Miles to empty going up

Not exactly sure if it's due to the Sync update I did recently or not but noticed yesterday my miles to empty was 240 . Drove to grandson's baseball game 30 miles away and got ready to leave and it's on 240 still. Then while driving home I noticed it wasn't going down at all , it started going...
  6. M

Valance Screws

I've got a security bit set and it doesn't include anything that would work on that . Has to have a notch in the center for the bit to slip over and engage the 3 outside slots
  7. M

Floor, cargo mats / liners

I picked up 1 of these too. Very happy with the fit
  8. M

Check your nuts ........... Seriously !

:mad: Oh gotcha! Was looking on the outside :mad: And thank you for the quick reply EDIT: Found them! Mine were both there and tight (so far) . Definitely be something to keep my eye on. I thought Harleys were the only new vehicles you had to tighten things up on before a drive :cool:
  9. M

Check your nuts ........... Seriously !

I'm not seeing where these are at . Can you take a pic of where they're at? I must be having a senior moment because I must be looking in the wrong place. Been out twice now looking at the spoiler over the rear window and not seeing any holes even for bolts.
  10. M

ST SUV Experience Driving Program

I cancelled mine as well. Think ours was the 15th . Program coordinator said we could reschedule for $150 till the end of the year but at this point I'm over it.
  11. M

2020 ST

Well duh I guess I hadn't even noticed that yet :oops: Looks like I've got some catching up to do :)
  12. M

2020 ST

The wife was driving thru our local dealers lot after an oil change the other day and saw a white with black Ex that caught her eye. I found it online and hadn't heard about this particular option before. Anyone have any experience with this model ? It sounds like maybe some more discounts...
  13. M

Where in forscan can you see the securicode? I'm not seeing it anywhere. Thanks! Rob

Where in forscan can you see the securicode? I'm not seeing it anywhere. Thanks! Rob
  14. M

Got another one!

Picked up a black 2017 Platinum the other day. Kept our '11 though as it's been a pretty reliable vehicle over the years with just a few hiccups: 2 return to shift , one rear camera and really that's about all after the initial software bugs that first model year. Normal maintenance performed...
  15. M

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

We got 60K on ours and were impressed enough that we bought another set. No problems in the snow here.
  16. M

MFT Battery Saver message on shutdown

Wife's just got this message. Came here and looked. Her GPS was turned on in the console and she didn't drive for a day and a half. (It's a separate GPS not the built in one.) Anyway was reading this thread and someone asked about phone chargers and I thought right away to that GPS. It gets...
  17. M

No Key Detected

Just changed the battery in both our keys last week when the wife said she was having problems. Problem solved for us anyway . 5 years for a battery is pretty darn good!
  18. M

Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show

Took 3 trips to the dealer and 2 new cameras in my 11 to get that fixed.
  19. M

Rearview Camera Problems

Replaced the camera and said they had to program it so not sure if the original replacement was faulty (likely) or software glitch although they said they were going to re program it last week when it was in. They said they'd mail me the paperwork so we could get going when I asked if I had...
  20. M

Rearview Camera Problems

Okay! 3rd times a charm apparently. I remembered the lines as being grey before and now they're brown but hey I've been wrong before ;) Anyway glad to put this behind us and the dealer worked with us to resolve the problem so we are both happy! Well maybe not the wife, I was looking at a 15...
  21. M

Rearview Camera Problems

We had the guidelines after the camera was replaced, just not the active ones. They tried re-programming the last time it was in and it still didn't work. That apparently was why they ordered another camera.
  22. M

Rearview Camera Problems

Bumping this so it's easier to find tomorrow :D . Camera came in yesterday but we're not taking it in till tomorrow morning. Service advisor said it would be around 2 hours to replace and program. Hopefully this will be the end of it! Stay tuned.
  23. M

Rearview Camera Problems

Partial update: They've sent me home in an Escape while they work on the Explorer. Service advisor said they have to reprogram the Explorer. Said it may be early afternoon. It was around 10 am here at that point. Stay tuned! EDIT: Well 6 hours later they called and said it's the camera...
  24. M

Rearview Camera Problems

Yep we have (had ) active park assist. Haven't since the camera screwed up and was replaced. When I go to settings/vehicle/ backup camera , it shows them being on in the example displayed when you click on or off but it's not on. I'm taking it in and staying this time. My wife didn't look...
Back