Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Rick, I have sold my EX, so I have cancelled my membership. Wanted to tell you how much I have...

Rick, I have sold my EX, so I have cancelled my membership. Wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed being an elite member over the past several years. The info and attitude of this forum's members makes this THE best forum on the internet. Best of luck to all of you guys and gals. Thanks...
  2. F

94 explorer died ,wont start

Won't start. Had the same problem on my 93 EB last week. Checked Battery voltage with my meter and it read 12.5 volts. Jumped the terminals on the fender relay and it had what looked to be a pretty descent spark. Pulled the battery and the label was Sept, 2011. New Battery fixed the problem...
  3. F

*Help* Blower motor switch problem

Mine burned too After removing the ash tray assembly, the mount and everything, I found the wire harness connector to the switch is melted. Not only that, but under the hood at the blower motor the wires for the motor and resistor were melted together. I separated and wrapped burned wires...
  4. F

Brake Pressure Switch

Brake Pressure Switch is now Spd control Deactivation Switch I just did some looking around and found some interesting info on Ford brake pressure switches. Just type "Speed control deactivation switch 2002 Ranger" into Google and voila! Up jumps a whole bunch of info involving a Ford recall...
  5. F

Part Identification

California Tests In the sub-forum "Under the Hood" member T-bars posted what is now a sticky on passing the California Smog and Evap Test. Might be a good idea to give that a read through just for grins. T-bars is very knowledgeable. You may pick up something you have overlooked in the past...
  6. F

Oil Pan drain bolt

Drain Plug and Spark plugs The nylon crush washer drain plug is a common replacement plug. I have them on my ex and my Lincoln. Not weird, just different. As for spark plugs if you use the search box can find many, many threads debating the pros and cons of different plugs. I think that the...
  7. F

Spindle nut for 1st gen w/auto hubs

Driving home Friday I heard a pop, then crunching noises. I gently drove the last 5 miles to the house and jacked up the front. Not only was the bearing shot, but the nut was missing a nice big chunk. When I went to az, the parts guy could not find the nut on his computer, even though I had...
  8. F

Seafoam

Testing CAT's Eric the Car Guy has a You tube video of testing cats with a cheap infrared thermometer. I bought one at AZ for thirty bucks. Haven't tried it on the cats yet, but it works for a bunch of things. If I remember correctly Eric says more than 100 degrees difference between the...
  9. F

91 Ranger cruise control problem

Cruise Control Mine may not be the same, because mine is a 93 EB Ex. According to Alldata on mine the power is from a 10A fuse (#6) in the interior fuse panel. You could check under the hood to see if you have the servo and cables that run to the throttle for the cruise. There are buku...
  10. F

HELP!: '91 suddenly won't start. Not batt, starter, or fuel

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264205 2000StreetRod made this excellent thread. It is actually for 2nd Gen but most of the info is universal. If nothing else, it might get a thought process going. Good Luck
  11. F

Splice Locations?

Mine is a '93 so yours might not be the same. S309 400 mm from branch to LH Rear Door Courtesy Lamp Switch S310 (2 door, w/Power Door Locks) 75 mm from branch to Seat Belt Warning Switch S310 (4 door, w/Power Door Locks) 150 mm from branch to RH Rear Door Courtesy Lamp Switch S311 475...
  12. F

Do I have Dana/Spicer 35 axle or 28?

Dana 35 Thanks Maniak from me too. I've wondered about that for a while and don't know enough about them to cipher the differences.
  13. F

Could leaky rear seal kill the starter?

I have leaking valve cover gaskets, which is what I think killed the starter. I have been told by someone I don't necessarily have faith in, that the rear seal is leaking also. I drove 70 miles round trip and the starter ended up oil fried. I think it was just an accumulation from the valve...
  14. F

Attempted to pressure flush brakes

As noted in earlier posts, the speed bleeders are pointed and the regular bleeders are blunt. I compared the original bleeders to the speed bleeders and used a bench grinder to take off a tad of the point being aware of the seat marks on the original. Didn't want to get into that area. Now...
  15. F

Speed Bleeders :( I went to the Dorman site and checked on the 12707 and the 12706, and according to Dorman neither fits the 93 Explorer front. I installed the 12707 that I ordered and they leak as if the screw is not fully seating or the check valve is not fully closing. I do not have the...
  16. F

I had not thought of the dust caps, and considering the price of the speed bleeders a little more for dust caps seems like a great investment. They are not carried on the shelf at any of my local parts stores and have to be ordered. I compared prices on their websites and found a huge...
  17. F

Thank you for your suggestions. I ended up buying the Help #12701 for the rears and ordered the Help #12707 for the fronts. You would think the stores would keep them in stock, but they don't.
  18. F

I built a DIY pressure bleeder using a garden sprayer as seen all over the internet. One thing I added was a tire stem so I wouldn't have to do all of that pumping, I just hit it with my air tank. I have been trying 15 psi. Problem is, nothing is coming out of the RR, I even completely...
  19. F

power window problems

This on a 2002, is ours the same? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243401 If it is thank DR. Z from a 2009 post.
  20. F

93 explorer behaving badly

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/ford_maf/maf_sensor_ford_1.php Great write up for testing and cleaning MAF. 1st thing to do is merely disconnect the MAF wiring plug so that the computer reverts to default settings. See What changes that makes. Another possibility is the idle control is dirty...
  21. F

Won't start

Go to "How to articles and problem solving". On page two Rick has posted a NO Start thread that covers a LOT of info. I tried to make a hyperlink to it but it gave HP404. I seriously lack computer knowledge. The info is here on the forum. Hope you find it.
  22. F

1994 Explorer wheel bearings

The 20 foot lbs that you initially torque to is to set the bearings in place. The 20 inch lbs (finger tight ) is fine for setting the nut near the final position to reinstall the keeper. That is with auto hubs which I have. I've read that the folks with manual hubs crank it down pretty heavy...
  23. F

Four wheel drive not working

4X4 Shift Motor Rebuild. Its in the Explorer & Ranger Transmissions, Transfer Cases & Differentials area of the forum.
  24. F

Volt Meter looking odd (PIC)

Happened on a school bus I was driving. That strong sulfur smell was two giant batteries boiling over. The mechanics at the bus barn were not happy.
  25. F

help!

Burp? Did you burp it? These 93's require elevating the front a little to get all of the air out. As mentioned, you are a lot colder than us in the panhandle of Florida.
Back