Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Spindle nut for 1st gen w/auto hubs

Driving home Friday I heard a pop, then crunching noises. I gently drove the last 5 miles to the house and jacked up the front. Not only was the bearing shot, but the nut was missing a nice big chunk. When I went to az, the parts guy could not find the nut on his computer, even though I had...
  2. F

Could leaky rear seal kill the starter?

I have leaking valve cover gaskets, which is what I think killed the starter. I have been told by someone I don't necessarily have faith in, that the rear seal is leaking also. I drove 70 miles round trip and the starter ended up oil fried. I think it was just an accumulation from the valve...
  3. F

Attempted to pressure flush brakes

I built a DIY pressure bleeder using a garden sprayer as seen all over the internet. One thing I added was a tire stem so I wouldn't have to do all of that pumping, I just hit it with my air tank. I have been trying 15 psi. Problem is, nothing is coming out of the RR, I even completely...
  4. F

180 deg t-stat w/o hole

Hi guys/ gals. I bought a 180 degree Hypertech T-stat, and I am thinking I need to drill a vent hole at the 12 o'clock position. Am I right? I had to special order it and it cost about $20 so I don't want to waste more time and money. '93 Ed B 4x4 auto six cylinder. Thanks in advance. New...
Back