Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

'96 Eddie Bauer 5.0 awd AC bypass????

Hey guys back at it again working on my Ex. had some crazy screeching bearing noise from the drive belt area, the belt is fairly new, and it does not appear that the belt is making the noise, but I was able to figure out that the smooth idler pulley, and the tensioner pulleys(which are original...
  2. 1

'96Eddie w/4R70W.P0750, P0500, P1131

Finally update! Everything has been fixed! Turns out don’t live in the middle of nowhere and let the vehicle sit for months on end. Some sort of animal found its way on the top of the trans and ate through all of the wires for two of the 02 Sensors, in multiple spots. It also ate through the...
  3. 1

Alright everybody, quick update! I upgraded the 1-2, and 2-3 accumulators and replaced the Solenoids, this has fixed my shifting issues from 1-2, and 2-3, but I am still without O/D. I did not notice the snap ring being out of place when I had the valve body down, and I didn’t want to remove it...
  4. 1

Alright guys, I did some research on parts, I would like to verify the part numbers. 1-2 Accumulator and springs: F7AZ-7F251-AA - PISTON/SEAL ASSEMBLY F4UZ-7F284-A - ACCUMULATOR SPRING BOTTOM F7AZ-7F284-AA - ACCUMULATOR SPRING TOP 2-3 Piston for up shift concern: F7AZ-7H292-AB -...
  5. 1

Will do, thanks. I think I'm going to drop the pan and do some electrical testing as well.
  6. 1

Thank you for the input, I'm going to be honest I meant to update those a long time ago, but my truck sort of went to the wayside in recent years because of my job, and my constant side work on Subarus. Looks like my baby may need to go into Surgery pretty soon. I'll be odering parts in the next...
  7. 1

Alright guys, I've done some searching but I'll explain a little bit first. The truck is a 1996 Eddie Bauer V8 AWD, with a 4R70W transmission. I just went over 200K in the truck, finally! I was borrowing it to a friend because all of his cars are down for repair. but I think he really broke...
  8. 1

Speedo, and odo stopped working right after 200k

This is greatly appreciated, i did a search, but did not see this thread. looks like I'll be heading to the local junkyard and grabbing myself a cluster from a lower mileage Explorer. Now i just need to find my parasitic draw, why my locks won't work, and about 5 other problems that started just...
  9. 1

Speedo, and odo stopped working right after 200k

Hey guys, its been a while. I haven't been driving my Explorer that much, I lent it to a friend who had some pretty annoying vehicle issues. I drove it right past 200K, YAY!!! then let him continue to drive it, not more then 40 miles later the speedo, and odo completely stopped working. this...
  10. 1

Torque Monster headers making comeback ???

I could be down for a set, although I'm not touching my truck until it hits 200K, then I'm pulling the engine and trans, resealing the engine, and rebuilding the trans. Then I would mod it, but it would be nice to have a set laying around when that time comes.
  11. 1

New 5.0L Header Findings

It would appear that he has V8AWD badges on the side, this might be good for us guys who are cheap...
  12. 1

Parasitic draw, .455 amps, fuse #25 the problem???

I honestly wish mine was the same, if it didn't take me almost 2 hours, to pull fuses, and unpin the connector on the GEM I would be worried about the 45 minutes, or an hour where the battery saver times out. but after 2 hours it was still at almost a half an amp. on the bright side the switch i...
  13. 1

Shocks for 1997 4WD eddie bauer

I was going to say, I don't have air ride, but I have the Monroe equivalent Rear shocks, and it actually lifted the vehicle slightly, maybe 1/2inch, it rides a little but rough, but I really enjoy the extra help the give to the leaf springs, especially with me (270lbs), and a full tank of gas on...
  14. 1

I totally understand, I have yet to use an Amp Clamp, one because I don't have one, and secondly, because I have had no need to get one. At work we have a VAT-40 for testing alternators, That works surprisingly well. For anything that I currently deal with the 10amp max from my meter works just...
  15. 1

Disconnect negative battery terminal, jump the cable to the battery with an 8 gauge wire, put my snap on(don't know the model number, but it cost me a lot, lol) meter inline, set to amps. With the plugs in the correct spots. Disconnect the 8 gauge wire (this wire is basically to prevent a huge...
  16. 1

Wanted Looking for a GEM 96-early 97 Explorer...

Hey Guys I'm currently looking for a Generic Electronic Module for my '96 Eddie Bauer. Mine has had issues for many years, and had now starting causing a very large .500amp draw. So if you have one let me know, I already searched Ebay, and they want WAY too much for one. Part number I need...
  17. 1

Well, no luck at the Junk yard. I literally took apart 20+ Explorer dashes, just to find that none of them had the right GEM for my truck. I was surprised to see that many '96-'97.5 Explorers there, but none of them where right, if it was an Eddie Bauer, it was not loaded, and most where just...
  18. 1

When testing I had the door latched closed, and I let the vehicle sit for a bit, probably about 15 minutes, before I started testing. While at work this week we where slow, so I tried something on two vehicles, one was a 2012 Buick Enclave, and another was a 2014 GMC Acadia. the Batteries are...
  19. 1

hmmmm, Ill have to check this out. I never even knew that relay was there. Ill have to check it out before I head to the junk yard this weekend. $5 would be a lot better then $50 for a used GEM. although I may just get a gem anyway, like I said I lost the auto lights about 4 years ago, and when...
  20. 1

I honestly have no idea what Ford suggests for an amp draw, but I work at a GM dealer, and GM's rule of thumb is anything up to .250amps is acceptable. This is on any GM vehicle, even with lower rated batteries. I figured it was actually really good with 0.131 amps. Plus my truck rarely sits for...
  21. 1

Thanks for the input, and all the links. I did continue pulling fuses after I got to fuse #25, the only other one that changed the amp draw at all was fuse #27, but it only dropped it down to .308 amps, I forgot what exactly it said that fuse powers, but I do remember it was a lot of things. I...
  22. 1

A little bit of an update. I got to the GEM module, if I unplug the C283 plug from the bottom of the GEM the draw drops to .131amps, this plug has the power and grounds, so this leads me to believe that the issue is either within the GEM module, or in some system it controls. There are 3 other...
  23. 1

Hey guys, I finally got around to checking my '96 Eddie Bauer for the Parasitic draw it had, it would take about 2 days for it to die, and it would be completely dead, no lights, no door chimes, nothing. With everything hooked up, I had a draw of .455 amps, which varied a little bit, maybe by...
  24. 1

Blower motor stays on...

Very cool, I'm so used to the Newer GM vehicles, where even if you replace a window switch, you need to program it... So it may be a stupid question, but my mind set is on newer vehicles.
  25. 1

Blower motor stays on...

Thanks for the info, if the blower motor controller is bad, that's just a simple replacement, nothing special right?
Back