Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Wiper/Washer not working

I have a 1989 Ford Ranger 4X4 4.0 Engine with only 50,440 miles on it. About a month ago my wipers stopped working. I took the fuse out to check it and it was OK after putting the fuse in the wipers started working again. Last week the wipers and washers stopped working again. The fuse was...
  2. J

Instrument bezel on a 1998 Ranger

Can I remove the bezel that surrounds the instrument panel on my 1998 Ford Ranger to repaint it? It looks like it’s held in place by three bolts on the upper edge of the bezel but when I tried to pull it out its not moving. Is there something else holding it in place that I need to remove...
  3. J

how do you change your temp gauge sensor?

Hi Bob, I checked with the Ford Dealer and they verified that the two pin sending unit was the correct one for my truck but could not tell me why. So I decided to replace the thermostat and now the heater gauge is working. The old thermostat was open but only very slightly. The puzzling...
  4. J

I checked with the previous owner and she assures me that there has never been any work done on the cooling system. The vehicle only has 38,900 miles on it so I’m sure it’s the original sensor. This is the unit I replaced Part # F77F10884AB...
  5. J

This is what I have the same layout as the above photo. But on mine the unit on the left of the thermostat has two pins but only one red/white wire coming out. The unit on the right of the thermostat also has a socket on it with wires coming out of it. When I grounded the red/white wire...
  6. J

Thanks for the reply Bob. The coolant level was a little low this morning (no leaks anywhere) so I’m going to purge the system again to make sure there are no air locks. My sender unit has two pins but only one red/white wire coming out of the connector. Is it possible the connector could...
  7. J

I replaced the temp gauge sending unit but still no reading on the temp gauge. What can I check next the thermostat, although I am getting heat.
  8. J

I have a 98 4.0 OHV Ranger XLT 4X4. My temp gauge needle hardly moves until I shut off the motor then it moves to midway between the C &H and then gradually drops back to cold. From reading similar posts from other members I think I’ve narrowed the cause down to the temp sensor or the temp...
Back