Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

5.0 cracked manifold quick fix?

I have the dreaded 5.0 passenger side exhaust manifold crack and it's a very loud ticking noise.. Broke a few bolts while trying to fix it and now I'm in over my head... Are there any quick fix products that will help silence or at least change the tone of the ticking noise to something not so...
  2. P

Help with subwoofers

Yeah as others have said, the electrical part is the easy part! Make sure your sub and amp will go good together in terms of ohms law and what you plan on wiring it at and how many subs and what kind of box and what kind of music your going to mainly play etc etc.. lots of little things that...
  3. P

Air Conditioning Question

you should turn off max ac and turn it to anything else once you shut the vehicle off. but this doesnt have to be two minutes before. the reason for this has to do with condesation and mold if the outside vents are shut or something like that..
  4. P

AWD transfer case problem

many people remove the front drive shaft and drive it normally. usually that is what cheap people do where their transfer case goes lol. search around and you will see. you also have to watch how you park because it will drift in park. about a foot an hour if your on a decent incline.
  5. P

worth it to buy?

the 5.0 v8 isnt much worse than the 4.0s as far as gas mileage.. but the engine and transmission are far superior than either of the 4.0s much worth it in my opinion.
  6. P

worth it to buy?

what year and which engine? they came with a 5.0 v8 and a 4.0 v6. there were two versions of the v6. if its a v8 its for sure something to pursue id say.
  7. P

Fan Clutch

yup i had to tackle that on my 00 5.0 pain the ass. i read here that there were different sizes than the book says. i ended up going to EVERY auto parts store close by and renting all their tools and got lucky and found one that fit. I ended up with like 15 kits lol mine were normal threads...
  8. P

Build thread - Skyforger

you got some mad time into this project man!! keep it up!
  9. P

Mn Mountaineer V8 SAS

fun project. that truck looks in pretty good shape for Minnesota!
  10. P

Mn Mountaineer

lol thats true! anyone snowmobile on lake superior!? probably not! its funny my four snowmobiles are newer, less rusty and in better shape than my explorer! lol keep the build thread going though im subscribing!
  11. P

Mn Mountaineer

Good to see a fellow Minnesotian on here that has to deal with nasty rust and salt!
  12. P

2000 SOHC Explorers who've replaced alternators..

I am a little less than two hours north of you and you could try a few places here. i know when i bought a new alt online well a remanned one, i got the wrong one the first time.. Chesney auto salvage is pretty good up here.
  13. P

Setting up additional lighting, slowly...

I am from Duluth. I will be up on the range hopefully buying a motorcycle this weekend!
  14. P

New transmission or rebuild?

these are pretty bullet proof trans and as long as the fluid is clean and it doesnt leak i would think your okay.. but it sounds like you beat it up pretty good so if your on a budget you could pull one from a junkyard that has had an easier life. (most junkyards rack how many miles were on the...
  15. P

Speeding ticket and my defense is..

In minnesota ill drive 9 mph over all day. city or highway and never get touched..
  16. P

Different 5.0 AWD packages?

My guess for the sluggishness would be how well its maintained. i would do the plugs, wires, fuel filter air filter maybe some sea foam synthetic fluids etc etc... you can get a tune from henson that would help it along the road some :D
  17. P

Speeding ticket and my defense is..

I'm 22 and speed a lot around town.. Got a few tickets and a few warnings.. Bought a fuzz buster and haven't been pulled over yet.. That thing has paid for it self and saved me a few big ones !!
  18. P

Finished custom stereo install, stealth sub box and amp locations

nice clean install!! i did the opposite and went huge box huge sub in the back. but you gave me a great idea for where to hide my speaker amp. how hard was it to mount in there?
  19. P

Setting up additional lighting, slowly...

yeah top of the bumper is pretty popular. on a side note.. where in MN are you form?
  20. P

New and faster

swap it with a 5.0 out of a 95 to 01 explorer. many have done that swap.. search it up!!
  21. P

Build Thread: 2000 Eddie Bauer

i THINK you will need to make or buy an adapter for the rears. i think those are 5 by 7s as well. i had the same speakers as you but decided to put them in the boat instead.
  22. P

99 5.0 Misfire - need help!

Holy old thread batman!
  23. P

Can i run without thermostat for 1 trip?

For your mud truck you are probably just putting extra strain on the engine with gearing and high revs and moving slow does not allow enough airflow across the engine to cool it down so most off road rigs require aftermarket radiators and electric cooling fans and stuff...
  24. P

V8 Swap - Preliminary Questions

i believe the expidition/ navigators use a combo of the explorers and the f 150 and i think they had a automatic shift on the fly 4 wheel drive system. it is pretty complicated to swap in from what ive read but it can be done.
  25. P

Build Thread: 2000 Eddie Bauer

The wiring kit is different because you have a factory amp and sub that you have to bypass. ive never tackled that as i have a "regular" explorer but others have had problems. looks like you found a nice work around though.
Back