Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Stic-o goes Electric. Mustang Mach-E GT

Nice. I had a GT as well for a little while. I test drove the Select model and was underwhelmed but the GT was very fast, maybe even a hair faster than my 835hp R1T on all-terrains. I liked driving the car, and didn't consider it boring myself, the fact that you could stomp on it at any speed...
  2. N

How to: 98 5.0 AWD Auto to 5spd M5R2 and 4406 M

Sorry for the delayed reply... For the hydraulic line I used the one for a 99 Explorer. That one has the right bends and connections. In post 130 I said the "throwout" bearing was incompatible (because the 96 F150 used a fork), not the pilot bearing. I believe the pilot bearing from the clutch...
  3. N

I did not hit any rev limiters. My trunk just thought it was in park/neutral (Refer to this post: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2260326&postcount=89 )
  4. N

Mine had 3.73's and I had 33's on it and I thought it pulled pretty well.
  5. N

Why go through all the trouble? And I suspect the sensors need more then just fluid to be happy.
  6. N

No, mine did not go to limp mode when I drove it before getting a tune. All the tune did was get rid of my check engine lights. I don't know about using a 4.6 ECM for a 5.0, that doesn't seem right to me but maybe.
  7. N

From a PM: Sorry I didn't have to buy these so i don't know. Maybe someone else here did. I honestly have no idea. I didn't take mine apart. Mine did not have that, i just had a cubby there. This is the u-joint I bought: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pcn-253 It's a...
  8. N

I know this is an old post but since I was looking at the thread I figured I would answer what I can. I have bought tunes from both henson performance and bama chips and they were both $50 (this was over 5 years ago now though). I had to buy and SCT Xcalibrator so I could flash them though...
  9. N

This post should tell you pretty much everything you need (for more detail on specific things, you'll have to search through the thread): http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2266284&postcount=130 i don't know for sure because I haven't done it, but i think if you are keeping the...
  10. N

For Sale Skid plate set - $40

no these are long gone, I think I ended up scrapping them.
  11. N

Sloped body lift + SOA successful

Follow the regular body lift instructions, you probably have to drill some of the mounts, and buy some special length bolts. I don't remember what they were at this point. Also see if this post helps you: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2937993&postcount=272
  12. N

302+M5OD+4406=21MPG and :)!

nice job... makes me miss my truck: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2312107&postcount=152 that combo is a blast to drive, so much more acceleration.
  13. N

Hockey goal build

Wow, I'm just surprised someone from AZ likes hockey!
  14. N

Someone emailed me a bunch of questions so I thought I would post them here in case anyone has the same questions... ND: I did my body lift in one day and SOA in a few hours. I was coming from a full body lift so it was easier since i had already drilled the holes and didn't have to touch...
  15. N

I fit 33x10.5 BFG ATs pretty easily with running boards on too, and rarely rubbed.
  16. N

Hockey goal build

thanks guys... oh it is plenty heavy enough in back (extends back 44", but is only 50" high) so it won't tip over.... here it is with the net on and we used it a bit this morning but water kept coming through the cracks in the thin ice around the edges so we couldn't stay out too long
  17. N

Hockey goal build

tomorrow morning when the paint is all dry I will attach the net and post some more pics
  18. N

Hockey goal build

added loops to lace up net and primed and painted...
  19. N

Hockey goal build

Although this isn't really for my truck, I thought it might be interesting for some of you, or a least the Canadians... I used my harbor freight pipe bender and some scrap fence posts to build a hockey goal. I built it to exact NHL dimensions and got a not very cheap, but very heavy duty net to...
  20. N

Yet another T-Cases to mount to the V8 Thread

no both manual shift
  21. N

Well I did this swap and I bought a 4406 from a 4.6... and now I have a 01 5.4 F150 with a 4406 as well.
  22. N

Actually I think they are the same. According to car-part.com they don't even differentiate them by motor. The 5.4 and 4.6 have the same bellhousing and therefore could even fit the same trannys.
  23. N

I'm pretty sure the 883 rings a bell, but it's been a while. Its the one for a Ranger of the same years explorer. Just google or search around here to confirm. It's made by performance accessories.
  24. N

Don't you guys have even less laws then we do about trucks? :D If they sell body lifts for trucks in Canada (which I'm almost certain they do), then there is no reason why this would be illegal. If you replaced the torsion keys you have with steeper ones then it would accomplish the exact same...
Back