Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Hockey goal build

Although this isn't really for my truck, I thought it might be interesting for some of you, or a least the Canadians... I used my harbor freight pipe bender and some scrap fence posts to build a hockey goal. I built it to exact NHL dimensions and got a not very cheap, but very heavy duty net to...
  2. N

For Sale Skid plate set - $40

I have the factory skid plates for the transfer case and gas tank (4 door). The transfer case one comes with all the mounting hardware, for the gas tank I lost a couple of the bolts but they are easy to replace. Many trucks don't have them, especially XLS's (my original one didn't) and they are...
  3. N

For Sale Dual Exhaust Kit for V8 Explorer

I'm selling this "kit" I made for a V8 explorer for $125. I can't guarantee fitment on a stock height truck but the dual-in/out flowmaster muffler piece is easily worth that alone and would give you a good start if you wanted to make your own or if you didn't use the tail pipes it sounds pretty...
  4. N

For Sale Parting out 98 Explorer XLT

Hey Everyone, I am parting out a 98 Explorer XLT which was fully loaded with gray leather interior and black 2 tone exterior. I don't have the truck in my possession yet but I wanted to see who was interested in what.Please post in this thread what you want so I can keep track of who has dibs on...
  5. N

Not me but incredible... Wrecked F350

This truck was at the same body shop that I dropped my car off after it was totaled. At first I thought a beam must have been dropped on it, but the body shop guy said the guy ran off the road in the ice storm and plowed though a bunch of trees before flipping and the tree trunks are what caved...
  6. N

Don't fall asleep at the wheel!!

Well unfortunately I totaled my truck this week. I fell asleep at the wheel coming home from a late night hockey game and hit a part of a rock wall right next to the road and then rolled onto the driver side. Luckily I am pretty much not injured at all because I was wearing my belt (aside form...
  7. N

For Sale 8.8 axle with Aussie locker installed and SOA perches

This axle came out of my 99 explorer. It has an Aussie locker which works great and 3.73 gears. I ran it spring over axle to give my truck ~6 inches of lift in the rear. Disc brakes, new hard line on it. Also shock mounts are welded on to it that work excellent when running SOA. $300 o.b.o
  8. N

For Sale 4406M with shifter and boot (drives shafts negotiable)

I have a 4406M transfer case that can be mounted in any V8 truck to give it 2hi/4hi/N/4Lo. I have the driveshafts w/ hybrid ujoint and flange to make it work as well and can be negotiated in. Shifts excellent. $300 o.b.o
  9. N

For Sale 5 x BFG All-Terrain 33"x10.5" R15 mounted on black rock crawler wheels

These are great tires and work great in all weather and conditions. They probably have about 75% tread left and were always rotated through all 5 to make sure even wear. With a little adjusting you can even fit this tire in the spare tire location. I've done it for a long time and have dual...
  10. N

For Sale 5 Spd for V8 explorer Kit (M5R2, clutch etc)

My explorer was totaled by insurance so I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying back to part out. As many of you know I installed a 5 speed in behind the 302 so I was thinking of selling all the parts for this as a kit including: - 03' M5R2 (w/75k miles on it) w/ wiring harness - Flywheel -...
  11. N

FREE: Passenger side gray cloth seat out of a 99

I believe it will work for several years. Pickup only, I am in Cumberland, RI.
  12. N

Homemade 5.0 Dual Exhaust Pics

When I did my transmission swap to a manual I took out the old factory exhaust. It wasn't really necessary to remove it, it would have fit, but I knew I wanted a dual setup at some point so it was a bonus to do it then so I had more room. So to build my homemade catback kit, I started with a...
  13. N

03 Sport Trac won't charge...

Hey Everyone, My 03 Sport Trac won't charge the battery at all. It started when it just wouldn't start and I replaced the battery and it started but then it died shortly after. So I have recharged the battery (to 12.5v) and replaced the alternator but I still don't get 14v when I start it and as...
  14. N

Any ford flywheel/clutch gurus?

I'm hoping some one might know a thing or about this over here... Quick summary: I am putting a M5R2 5 speed behind the V8 in my explorer basing the clutch on a 96 F150 since it had the 302 with a M5R2. More detail: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2251210&postcount=51...
  15. N

98 5.0 AWD Auto to 5spd M5R2 and 4406 M

Hey Guys, I'm planning on pulling the 4R70W and the 4404 AWD case in my 98 and replacing them with an M5R2 (from a 97 or newer F-150) and a 4406 manual shift. I've been collecting info and measurements about the M5R2 and I know this is uncharted territory for an explorer but I'm pretty sure I...
  16. N

What the heck are these?

Every time I change my rear diff fluid I find 1 or 2 of these little dime size pieces of metal in the bottom. I used to think they were just broken parts of my limited slip but I took that out and installed a locker and I still found these 2 in there. Any clue?
  17. N

Semi Homemade shackles...

Not really offroad specific but I thought I would post a picture of these I just made up... The shackles for my truck were rusted to all hell and nearly collapsing, not to mention I needed to use a sawzall to remove one of them, so needless to say I needed new ones. I checked with the dealer...
  18. N

Brainstorming, exprerienced input wanted... lifted 5.0 with stick

hey guys, i'm looking for a little input... Here's the story... So initially I just had my 99 explorer which is the one described in my signature, then my parents gave me their fully loaded V8 98 to sell. But I have been trying to sell it for like 6 months now with no takers, I assume because...
  19. N

Cranks but won't start, no fuel pump sound...

This is for a 98 5.0 awd... I was driving along and all of a sudden it stalled and I tried to restart it and at first it was starting to start but sputtering and stalling out pretty quickly and now it just cranks. I noticed when I turn the key to the on position I do not hear the fuel pump come...
  20. N

Tires for sale...

Since these aren't the kind of things I would ship I figured I might as well echo this where people in my area will see: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1691229
  21. N

30 mpg SAS'd explorer on ebay with rack n' pinion still

I just stumbled on this on ebay and thought some other people might like a laugh... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Explorer-1997-Ford-Explorer-XLT-4x4-DANA-44-FORD-9-Inch-Lifted_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6012QQihZ019QQitemZ290105116004QQrdZ1#ebayphotohosting
  22. N

M5OD work thread - WTB parts?

M5OD rebuild thread! So I'm driving to work yesterday on the highway with it in 5th and then all of a sudden I hear this crunch and metal on metal grinding noise. Then the engine started revving (cruise control), 5th gear had turned into neutral. I pulled over right away and luckily the other...
  23. N

Installing Aussie locker but tolerances are off, WTB Thrust washers?

Hey Everyone, I'm installing an Aussie locker but the 2 measurements i had to make were much tighter then they were supposed to be. One is the pinion shaft to the spacer clearance is supposed to be .006-.020 but in my case its too tight to even get the pinion shaft back in without jamming it...
  24. N

I sent Ford this frustrated Email!!

Hi Ford, I just read about the new Sport Trac and although the styling is nice I am EXTREMELY disappointed by the platform. It was bad enough when the Explorer got all independent suspension and no manual transmission but now you destroyed the Sport Trac too! You are not fooling anyone with...
  25. N

Need Registration... Is there anywhere else the VIN is shown?

Hey everyone, I just moved to RI and in order to register my truck here I have to do a VIN check at the police station first (to make sure its not stolen I assume). Well the officer said he needed to see the VIN on the vehicle in 2 different spots to make sure they matched. However I had body...
Back