Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

Thanks for your post and tricks that you bring out Hey, So that's really nice of you to post a detailled topic. And you helped me so much on this work. And i did the Upper + lower + the end tie rod in not more than 45 min. I taught it'll take me so much more, because i'll need a press. Since...
  2. A

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Nice chart, that was helping me but since i've no money i got this So since i don't have a lot of money to change my rims, i was looking for the perfect size to get in my car. I found this website : http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=33-11.5r15-270-80r16 I don't want...
  3. A

SOHC V6 Timing Chain Saga

A big thanks Well, I own you one! I would like to thanks you a lot for all you did on this forum! I'm just done of working on those timing chain! All well done, no drama, no problem. But no easy to do it. The hardest part was to put it back inside and properly with the automatic...
  4. A

How to: 2nd gen bodylift - PA 883 Bodylift Instructions

Hello, seriously i think you will get some issue with the bolt lenght. The problem that i had with the 883 was the bolt but i was able to cut them and make a new path. And also a part is missing for the steering wheel you really need it if you want to turn correctly... And carfull when you...
  5. A

Swaping engine (Pictures)

Thanks Bro, i'll take care of it... I going to make it all flat green ( military ) and put us air force decal or marines, don't know for the moment. But for the moment i wait till the engine will run perfectly... I have to pull this one off and put an newer one. Then change the flywheel and...
  6. A

i don't know i have to look arround, maybe in germany. Not sure because where i live people sucks lol. But the upgrade will be the same or will have have some issue with the automatic things and my 4wd system? if you think it's the best with a guarantee of work i do it lol
  7. A

Hey guys what up? Lattely i had some issue with my Timing chain, i to be sure i opened the front part so i took of : - Radiator & Hoses Radiator - Took of Fan Clutch - Took of Alternator - Steering pump - Stabilizator Pulley - Cranckshaf Pulley ( For that i made a tool, less...
  8. A

How to: SOHC V6 Timing Chain Inspection & Repair

I have a question, can we replace those timing chain without taking appart the upper parts of the engine ? as shown on the pic N3 of my quote ?
  9. A

Need Lot of advice for Engine replacement

America Man Thanks you so Much for your answer, i went back to the car and i checked the dipstick oil but no it's not coming from there... :mad: I think i have two option : - Swap engine - Doing timing chain You got to know i don't have a lot of space in my garage... Enough to do my...
  10. A

Hey good news or not... Thanks for your answer, so i look at the announcement, and it's says that's a SOHC like mine. And they also are saying, they might have not the computer with it... What should i do???? Because as they are teling me it's a pain in the a*** to put back the computer...
  11. A

hum I don't think so... i have to get the computer coming from the 2000 engine?:rolleyes:
  12. A

Hello everyone, So i had some anoying noise coming from the engine of my explorer 97 4.0l And my ford got 111356Miles. The noise is like this it's doing this noise everytimes Park, drive ... And when i press the gas pedal, it stop when i release it the noise get bigger... So i'm...
  13. A

Ticking noise coming from underneath (video)

Hey guys, i have some trouble with the truck it's why i'm sharing a video with all of the members and pro to tell me your suggestion. I have a ford explorer 97, 4.0l SOHC 4x4 and it got : 111'162.6 Miles. I recently made : 3" Body lift, Add a leaf procomp, RS9000XL, 275/70/16. Let's...
  14. A

Help Please - Car Won't Start when it's...

Hello everybody, thanks for reading my post. I recently had some trouble with the truck. I mean like 3 month maybe a lil bit more. So i got an 97 4.0l SOHC 4X4 All the time... And Everything for engine, exausht and CIE are from Ford... So no custom engine or else. So today i went to a...
  15. A

How to: 2nd gen bodylift - PA 883 Bodylift Instructions

I would Like to thanks you a lot for all the time that you spent in your microsoft word or notepad to write that up. Because you helped me so much. I'm not done for the moment with it. I did that on my U2 5 doors 4.0L SOHC... And i want to add also the fact that i had trouble to take off the...
  16. A

Need some advice for a body lift.

What do you mean when you say it's hard ? Like Need to burn it with a torch? Or cut the bolt off ? Because i add a leaf and it was a lil bit a pain in the ass those bolt to cut of with a manual saw blade... It tooks some time but i made it lol. What ever will buy a disc to grind it if i need...
  17. A

Actually thanks a lot for your reply, so tomorow it's the big day. Waking up early, and i've a good friend coming over my place to do it. I already printed out the thread how to and already read it 3 times... I know that i'll make it well but you know it's not like changing suspenssion or add a...
  18. A

Hey guys so as you can see i'm kind of new inf the forum. I'd like to tanks everyone on it, cause lot of time you saved my truck and gave me lot of good advice. Since i moved out of USA, and i'm back in France :thumbdwn: :mad: i had the good idea to buy a ford explorer that i got now for 6 month...
Back