Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

2014 Explorer Sport... Where are the RCA inputs?

I had a 2011 Explorer XLT that had RCA, and was also surprised that the 2014 XLT I just got did not. It DOES have the 1/8 now though, which I personally find more versatile since you couldn't use the RCA video while moving anyway.
  2. V

Amazing Gas Mileage on 2013

I am at 18.5 right now, mostly city driving to and from work. A lot of 30-35 mph roads and a few stop signs. Best I have had so far was driving to Michigan from Kansas, 24 mpg average for the entire trip. Usually seems to be 22-23. Got 22 driving from Indiana to Michigan with 5 people...
  3. V

Galaxy Nexus/Droid Razr Maxx?

My Galaxy Nexus plays fine on Bluetooth and USB, but doesn't do the song titles well over BT. I don't yet have the newer software. But man, if you get a chance to get an iPhone or something, or can hold out until the new iPhone comes out, I would do that. I went from an iPhone 4 to the...
  4. V

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

I would agree with a loading issue. I just folded down all our seats and moved a large amount of our stuff from Kansas to Indianapolis. I had a heavy tv, large heavy boxes, stacked to the ceiling. Well over the weight of those tires. Not even the smallest amount of damage. These are...
  5. V

300,000 Wasted Gallons?

It says in the update video that the length of time for the update depends on your current version of MFT. So those of you up to date to this point will have a lot shorter update than someone on 2.4. They say an hour at most, and you can do it while driving to work or whatever.
  6. V

Took Explorer in for first warranty service to hopefully fix a few things

Stopped by the dealership because I left my parking pass in it. Talked to the tech, he said so far they have not been able to reproduce either issue, and since the Trans one is for april or earlier build dates, and the "ticking" or for May or earlier, they can't really do anything for me...
  7. V

2013 Explorer Limited Lease Numbers (2/23/2012)

It is basically an apples to apples comparison because when the vehicles we describe were purchased, they had very similar numbers behind them. It just doesn't make sense to me that my total lease is costing me $12,000 as I mentioned, but you putting down $13,500 still nets you a $400/mo...
  8. V

Took Explorer in for first warranty service to hopefully fix a few things

Going to be putting a lot of miles on it over the next few months so need to make sure no surprises come up. So far I have: The "tick" when starting the vehicle with a cold engine. Thankfully there is a TSB on it, and the dealer should be able to hear it in the morning. The main reason I...
  9. V

2013 Explorer Limited Lease Numbers (2/23/2012)

That does seem odd. Granted mine is an XLT 4x4, but it had most of what you could get on one putting it over 40k MSRP. For 24 months at 12,000/yr and 0 down I am at $500/mo. I actually had to add $750 because we traded in our 2010 Fusion towards getting the Ex and I owed a bit more than they...
  10. V

pictures of your 2011-12 black explorer w / upgrades

Thank you very much for doing that!
  11. V

pictures of your 2011-12 black explorer w / upgrades

For that cargo shade, the only larger pictures I find show it mounting behind the second row seats. We will be making a trip at the end of March and will need all three rows, with some stuff behind the third row. Does this also mount alright for just covering the cargo behind the third row...
  12. V

Ticking sound from engine

2011 most certainly is. Direct quote... "3.5-liter V6 that puts out 290 horsepower and 255 lb-ft. of torque. The naturally aspirated V6 also features direct injection and twin independent variable camshaft timing" It's basically the newly done ecoboost version of the 3.5 without the turbos.
  13. V

Ticking sound from engine

The direct injection causes ticking. The f-150 Ecoboosts have it as well. It's normal.
  14. V

DDM Tuning HIDs! Amazing!

Ah yeah, 4300, that was it. I may just go 5000K, we'll see. Did you have to cut the dust cap to run the wires? Did you get spare dust caps in case you go back to OEM?
  15. V

I plan to get 5k or 4500k, it sounds like with DDM from the other HID thread that 5k is still bluer than you would expect, so I may go 4500. I called a local HID shop to see about price and install, and he was all ready to sell me a 6000K because it had "That blue HID look", and he sounded like...
  16. V

Push Bar for Explorer

I really like that. Especially with it having aux light mounts and the guard at the bottom would make it less scary with how low the front end hangs. Nice find!
  17. V

Any chance of a write up of what you did and where you mounted anything if needed, ran wires, some pics, etc? I have been wanting to do this but uncertain about what the process entails. Thanks!
  18. V

Partial result of our trip from Kansas to Indiana then Michigan

Yeah, I was more concerned about the A-pillar rattle and some of the other stuff than MFT which I knew would just take time to iron out. Only 4k miles, but a lot of long highway miles which seemed to trigger the rattle for most, and no issues. No pinging sound on the roof when it rains...
  19. V

2012 Explorer MPG better than 2011

For the longest time I didn't even know they used an MPG measurement for UK or Canada or anywhere besides the US and a couple other countries, let alone that the MPG was different than US MPG. It was only when I was reading the F-150 forums and they were talking about their mileage did I find...
  20. V

2012 Explorer MPG better than 2011

There is a difference between US and UK (CA) MPG. UK 23 is about 19 US.
  21. V

Also, check out where the fuel gauge is in each picture, kinda funny that I ended up just about the exact same spot each time we completed part of the trip. The first two were about identical.
  22. V

Drive home is now complete. Mileage for the trip home was a decent 22.5MPG average. We started out in some decently cold weather (high 50's low 60's) compared to what it has been, plus fog and that, so I imagine that had some impact. The MPG was sitting around 20.5-21 during that, and once it...
  23. V

head lights

Yeah what you have is normal and assuming it is adjusted correctly, it's far from dangerous and has more light power and distance than standard lights, the cut off just messes with people. The lights don't have a separate bulb or filament for high beams, so your lights are always on high...
  24. V

My 2012 X LTD AWD

Very nice vehicle! Congrats! One thing I have been curious about, what does the third button do in the trio of buttons below the knob for the headlights and that? One is power lift gate, the other is tow, both of which I have on my XLT, but I was wondering what the third did which you seem to...
  25. V

2011 Durango vs. Explorer "Tug Of War" Commercial

There was an auto review I read about the ford vs dodge, and they discussed this commercial and at the bottom it says option Hemi V8 used in comparison. V6 to V6 the Ford would win on power alone, assuming the AWD system didn't freak out or something.
Back