Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Disable Alarm on 98 Explorer

I am so frustrated! The car has be at a local shop for 2 weeks now (I told them I was not in a super hurry). It was suddenly dying and they replaced the fuel pump because the pressure was low. That did not fix it. Now, they think it is the anti-theft that is causing the problem. They pulled a...
  2. H

Suddnedly Stops - Cat or Anti Theft?

The vehicle will just suddenly shut off after several minutes of driving (from a cold start). If I let it sit, it will start back up after a while. My initial thought was fuel pump (or something fuel related). I took it an got two codes (anti-theft and cat converter). Could either or both of...
  3. H

Fuel Filter Line Not Fully Engaged

Just changed out the fuel filter, but one of the lines won't fully engage. The other line slipped right in and I *thought* I heard a click. For the line that won't fully engage it, it looks like it needs about another 0.25 inch. It doesn't want to disengage either so I am thinking it is OK. I...
  4. H

Fuel Filter Changing Tool

Yeah, I was looking at the before, which tipped me off to the fact that I needed get the tool. It also confirmed I had the right filter (got the same as you). Thanks for the help. Not that familiar with the vehicle, but where is the distribution box located (roughly)?
  5. H

Awesome! Amazon had it and I got the fuel filter from there too. Now, I am just hoping that will solve my problem (fingers crossed). Thanks.
  6. H

From what I have read, there is a little plastic tool needed to change the fuel filter. Anyone know where to get this at? I checked on amazon, but could not find one. There really isn't an auto parts store near me so I am trying to avoid running around town looking for a piece of plastic.
  7. H

Died While Driving, But Comes Back to Life

Thank for the tips. I am kind of at the point where I am not sure if it is worth it to repair or not. Maybe the fuel filter would be worth a shot if it is easy to replace. Everything else seems like it would be a lot of money or work. Also, I noticed intermittent hesitation when accelerating...
  8. H

Died While Driving, But Comes Back to Life

A couple months ago, my 98 Explorer (old I know) would not start. I came back a few hours later and it started no problem and ran fine. Then a couple of days ago it just died while driving and would not start again. The engine turns over, but it sounds like it is not getting fuel. When the...
Back