Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

I have a 2011 Explorer, 82,500 miles. Original owner. 6 cylinder. Heard noise that sounded like a belt slipped. Heard about 5 times. No warnings on dash. Recorded on phone, best spot under car not on top. Was going to take to dealer in two days. While driving one day, the car lost power, thought...
  2. D

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

front of hood repainted - blistering I have 33,000 miles on my Dark Blue 2011 limited and the body shop got approval from Ford to repaint the section that was bad, I don't think they did the whole hood. They are fixing the paint at the bottom of the doors this week where it hits the plastic.
  3. D

Engine hesitation

Ok, I'm not nuts. Yes there is hesitation in the 2011 Explorer, but only when you have the AC running. Dealer said with the accessories on it's to be expected... I did not have any problems with my old 2002 town and country, it took off no matter what... So the limited loaded is a little less...
  4. D

New Explorer--Love Car--MFT/Sync issues.

Sync & Display Last Friday Dealer fixed the system, worked for about 20 hours than problems came back. Was unabe to get phone to connect and the radio would not come on. But unlike the last time with total failure, still have nav, backup camera and all controls for the A/C. Going back to dealer...
  5. D

New Explorer--Love Car--MFT/Sync issues.

Sync issues as well Hi everyone, I picked up my Explorer in March. Dealer updated the Sync software on June 2nd. Fixed the time that was off. Monday this week, started with Navigation fault. Pulled the SD card, everything else seemed ok. Later on Monday the screen started to have issues. AC was...
Back