Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

New Navigation Card? (A4)

Peter- your dealer called you automatically, or did you ask? I'm having sporadic problems with MFT with the audio inputs particularly, and occasionally navigation.
  2. C

MFT Update

We are having continuous issues with the USB suddenly not being recognized and the AM/FM coming on - requires a Master reset, which requires me to suffer the wrath of wife losing her navigation presets. Does 3.5.1 do anything to deal with these type of issues?
  3. C

How to reset the Oil Monitor sensor

Apparently they just put it on the bill as a reminder to do it, and there is never a charge for it. He just hit hte "99" a couple extra times and ended up charging. So I'll let them do it, and if I they don't I certainly can :) In the meantime I'm going to have to figure out how to change...
  4. C

Okay called dealer, and yes they charged me $94 to reset the oil life monitor, but it appears to be a slip of the keys - they typed code "99" one too many times and it ended up as .99 hours. Whew - credit coming and I feel much better about the dealer as I can see it was an honest error. Good...
  5. C

Yeah Peter, I'm kind of in shock too. But that is what it seems to say, and needless to say I'll call tomorrow. Maybe I'm somehow misinterpreting their invoice, but I quoted the line item exactly. Potentially the most expensive oil change ever!
  6. C

My wife just took the car in to a Ford dealer near us for an oil change, and in addition to the normal special got charged $94 for .99 of labour for "ROM Reset Oil Monitor". If this is to find the reset switch, I think I just paid a major fee towards their training. Hmmm .. and the cabin...
  7. C

Add Me To Sync Woes List

We just experienced a very similar issue with 3.2.2. We were playing off our USB drive. This morning when my wife started the car it would "show" that it was playing the USB with song time clicking along (in fact she used voice command to play a specific artists and it switched), but no USB...
  8. C

Ford ...

Reason for QNX Okay ... I might have been a little harsh on Microsoft, but QNX has a lot of market in this area and has an HTML5 platform. Their market share and use of HTML5 to me mean 1) No more flash; and 2) Getting product/platform that is known to work. I like the overall MFT...
  9. C

Ford ...

I stand to be corrected, but my understanding is that it is still Flash based.
  10. C

Ford ...

I use my Blackberry 9900 a lot, and I have no issues, and certainly no issues with my Playbook either. I get what I want out of them. Unfortunately the same can not be said of the Ford/Microsoft product in my Explorer. QNX is a whole other story, and you'd be hard pressed to find...
  11. C

Ford ...

.... this is what you need ... http://www.qnx.com/solutions/industries/automotive/ Kick Microsoft to the curb already, and make the long-term move to a proper platform. Please.
  12. C

Do I want to run a vehicle health report - NO!

Hi Rebecca: I don't tweet (or chirp, or cluck :) ) and its been another 6 months. Wondered if there has been anything more out of Ford Canada about Vehicle Health Reports? I'm puzzled as to why this would be an issue as other than the Km versus miles, it should be a simple item to add...
  13. C

2nd Row Seat Latch When Raising Seats

Okay, I have a dumb question. I thought I had a problem with the 2nd row seats, but it may have been my misunderstanding. Getting them down I lift the handle and lower. But I had problems raising them back up; I was lifting handle but couldn't raise seat. Thought I'd have to take into...
  14. C

When fixing MFT, don't forget ...

Just throwing these out here for Ford, probably covered off elsewhere, but I wanted to make sure they were covered off in the next MFT iteration if possible ... 1) Started the car and backed up and heard static sound from back speakers. Very unusual. That stopped, and then I found that...
  15. C

MyFord Touch (Canada VS USA)

I think the explanation is that Ford Canada doesn't have a long-term customer focus like the US, and just doesn't care. They have a bottom line to meet and their is probably some allocated corporate overhead they'd have to absorb if the brought VHR to Canada. Love the Explorer, but sorely...
  16. C

Do I take it in .....

Uhm yeah .. my sake ... or sanity :)
  17. C

Do I take it in .....

Ohh- my wife will agree with you on that. She wasn't too happy on the upgrade when she lost her settings, and she is even less happy now with problems and a software reset. The good news is that it has been 24 hours no no recurrence of the "scheduled maintenance" issue. Please, please...
  18. C

Do I take it in .....

Hi Rebecca, did the Master reset last night. Disconnecting power wasn't one of the things I looked forward to, so I'll take it to the dealer if reset doesn't fix things. I haven't been following as closely; has there been an announcement as to when the next software update might be available?
  19. C

Do I take it in .....

Thanks everyone. Did it to my wife again today. I'll try a system reset from the menu and if that doesn't work then *gulp* disconnecting power (guess I lose my settings there?). What is recommended procedure for disconnecting power?
  20. C

Do I take it in .....

My wife is getting mad, and I'm becoming discouraged. In the last 4-5 days, the Explorer has done a black screen and "Scheduled Maintenance Update" approximately 8 times. A couple of times this happened while we were trying to edit the route, in navigation, but I have no way of telling if this...
  21. C

Air Conditioning - anyone else see this?

Maybe this time Ford will see fit to QA with forum users, as well as their own staff. I'll happily sign an NDA and QA a new version, if it ultimately gets me a better product.
  22. C

Air Conditioning - anyone else see this?

Seems like every time I turn around, I find a new issue - fortunately most are minor. Can anyone confirm this .. I turned on Max AC -then arrived home and shut of Explorer. Returned a few hours later, turned it on, and while it doesn't say Max AC, the AC is blowing. Checking...
  23. C

Setting Home

Thanks for the thought - he has to have the code - keys won't help in my case.
  24. C

Setting Home

Thank you cnsheets, I'll give that a try!
Back