Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

limited bumper cover over XL bumper????

I was wondering what would it take to fit a "limited" front bumper cover on a 96 XL front bumper>. Im trying to hide or get rid of the metal/chrome in the front. I saw that some members has had there metal painted to match the truck. I think the Limited bumper cover would be easier and more cost...
  2. R

Other than Comp cams whats out there?

Thanks Josh. 410 Cam, pushrods, and refresh kit....Thats all I need.. Thanks again
  3. R

Other than Comp cams whats out there?

just to get things clear about what I need for the 410 cam swap. Engine: 4.0 OHV 1996 explorer Compcam cam #49-410-8 ~$250 Smithbro's pushrods (5.525) ~$100 Deltacam Refresh kit ~$100 Compcam Springs #988-12 ~$80 Crane Spring retainers #99947012 ~$50 Do I need...
  4. R

JBA Headers and powerslot rotors installed

Powerslot sells the slotted and slotted/dimple version. I have the slotted version.
  5. R

Yeah the 3.73's helped out alot over the 3.27's I had before, but im still not exprerencing the power i wanted. I think i have too much stereo equipment in the back and the 20's are slowing me down. Im thinking about trying to sell my JET chip and a few other things i have laying around the...
  6. R

Very true! I lost alot of back pressure installing the headers. For the amount of money i spent, i could have spent that money somewhere else for better results. I thought headers was going o give me all this super duper power, but it didnt. Just bragging rights. Not really much to brag about...
  7. R

Wrapping Exhaust Pipe

Alot of people in the ricer world wrap thier header to lower the underhood temp because of a turbo or some other device of increase power. My question to you knowing that the companies that make the headers dont suggest we do it- Does the benifet out wiegh the potential damage to the pipes. if...
  8. R

Wrapping Exhaust Pipe

Spindlecone, corret me if im wrong, doesent wrapping your headers void the waranty and weakens the pipes causing problem down the road. Anyways, it looks really good.
  9. R

Wrapping Exhaust Pipe

I would assume that you could use any good header wrap. Let me know if this gives you any HP gains
  10. R

What's your gas Mileage?

Today the check gage light came on and i drove it around for another 8 miles to the gas station. I didnt want to run out of gas completly and my truck cut off on me. But on the average i get around 240 miles from "FULL" to "check gage light". Another thing i found out today is that 87 gas gives...
  11. R

What's your gas Mileage?

Yes. I ran my tank dry untill the "Check gage light" came on. The needle was below the E on the gage. maybe 96's came with a small tank.
  12. R

What's your gas Mileage?

The info posted was for a 1998 explorer. I have a 96. Now I know everytime I fill the tank up, I only get 14 gallons. So if you are saying that I have a 17 gallon tank, where is the rest of the fuel going.
  13. R

Riverst

1996 EX Sport OHV K&N FIPK gen 1 Pro-M 75mm maf BBK 66mm TB JET chip JBA headers JBA 9mm plug wires Bosch plat 4 plugs Flowmaster 40 series catback EE Lowering kit Edelbrock shocks Energy suspension bushing EE Swaybars (F&R) Regeared my rear to 3.73 from 3.27 Powerslot rotors...
  14. R

What's your gas Mileage?

I pretty sure i have a 14 gallon tank. When i fill up, im only able to fill it to 14.5... gallons.
  15. R

What's your gas Mileage?

I have a 1996 ohv sport and I get 245 miles to the tank. I have a 14 gallon tank, so that roughly about 17 miles gallon.
  16. R

Diamond clear corners-where 2 buy?

Thanks cougarX! I thought i was going to miss out out on this, like I procratinated and missed out on the EE Airdams. Thanks again.
  17. R

Diamond clear corners-where 2 buy?

I have search all over the net and i cant find the diamond clear corners anywhere. Where are you getting them from. I checked ebay-No luck! Let me in on the secret fella's
  18. R

AIR/FUEL Gage- How does it works.

I purchase the gage because i read somewhere that this gage was suppose to imform you or warn you about the condition of your performace setup. I also saw alot of members on the forum have purschase them. This gage must some kind of use for our trucks.
  19. R

AIR/FUEL Gage- How does it works.

I have a Autometer Air/fuel ratio gage and i dont know how it works. I read the intructions, but im just not understanding the terminology. My gage bouces back and forth crazy. Sometimes it bouces, and only goes half way, then back to the lean side. It hardly never goes to the rich side unless i...
  20. R

Diamond Clear Corners Install on a '99

The set i have doesnt have that cap over it. My wife's Civic has a cap over it and i didnt noticed any light ose compared to the EX
  21. R

3 gauge pillar pod

You can build one yourself Check out "blackmagic" Explorer @ www.explorerstreet.com or check my Cardomain site below...
  22. R

Speaker wires-Pos or Neg? which one!

Thanks, I needed that advice. I was about to drive my self crazy!
  23. R

Wal-Mart Synthetic Oil

So using wal-mart brand synthetic oil is the same as using mobil-1.
  24. R

Speaker wires-Pos or Neg? which one!

Thanks! This is very helpful.
  25. R

Wal-Mart Synthetic Oil

Quick question about the use of synthetic oils in our explorer. I heard if you switch to synthetic oils, you can not switch back to regular oil in the future. You have to keep using synthetic oils.
Back