Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

In the last 4 weeks we have driven our 2014 XLT from Florida to Minnesota then from there to North Carolina and back to Minnesota. It was a total of 4750 miles and the trip computer showed 23.5 average. Can't beat that. A lot of that was in the mountains and on the freeways we drove 75 to 80...
  2. S

2015 ford explorer

Ford.com now has the website up for configuring the 2015 Explorer ;). Prices are up a little the 2015 Explorer equipped the same way as my 2014 XLT is up 400.00.
  3. S

Console Media Hub Door Latch Sticking

On my old 2011 there was a small rubber button that fell off the inside edge of the lid . I put a small piece of rubber on the side where it was missing and it worked fine. No need to replace.
  4. S

MFT "alert: tone distortion

Oh oh, maybe I spoke too soon about my 2 week old 2014. Whenever the "tone " sounds before the nav voice comes on the tone is distorted much like a cracked speaker. But, all other sounds are normal. A new bug perhaps? Keep us posted as to what the dealer finds. Everything else is great, love...
  5. S

What are the differences between to 2011 and 2013 ford explorer xlt

Just took delivery on my 2014 XLT in the new sunset color. So far, totally happy. Everything works as it is supposed to. Especially the navigation. I traded off my 2011 XLT with 54000 miles on it. It was a dud from the beginning. It was back to the dealer 18 times for different issues ! But...
  6. S

Emergency: 2011 Ford Explorer XLT right turn signal stuck, won't cancel!!

Happened on my 2011. Just bungee corded it down till dealer replaced. No big deal.
  7. S

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Is this update a dealer install ? I have a 2011 and have never been able to access my car information. Should be under extended warranty?
  8. S

2014 colors

Yea team !!!!! Ford.com has posted the new colors of the 2014 as well as build your own. :.)))
  9. S

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

Just be careful with automatic billing with these people. I'm still trying to get a refund due me for double billing from last December! They charged my credit card then sent me a bill which my wife paid with a check. They have more excuses, oh it got returned, then the check got lost. Now the...
  10. S

2014 ford list of update and colors

Order banks have been open since March 25th for the 2014's Ordering the 2013's has been closed as of April 13th. This information has been posted here many times before. Please research. Two new colors have been added, Sunset and dark Side. Green Gem and Ginger Ale are discontinued. What...
  11. S

*new* 2014 order guide new colours

New colors Gee, The order guide is now out to order the 2014 Explorer now. But wait, Ford won't release the two new colors until next month, How stupid is that? Perhaps I should order one of each and keep the best one.
  12. S

*new* 2014 order guide new colours

Where can we find what the new colors on the 2014 Explorer look like? When will Ford post pics of the new ones? Looked up past colors on Ford's and no such names or codes.
  13. S

2014 order dates for the Explorer

I just got this Email from Ford on this today, Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us about your interest in our upcoming 2014 Explorer. We understand that you are inquiring about the available colors for the 2014 Explorer. At this...
  14. S

Couple of Questions

37000 miles and still looking good. Although it seems that they ride a little harder.
  15. S

When might we start hearing about the 2014 Explorer?

Here is the scoop on 2014 Ford Explorers as well as the whole 2014 lineup. http://www.bblfleet.com/fleetdocs/ford_buildout.pdf
  16. S

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

Been there done that 20 years ago with the lemon law. It might sound crazy but, I still love the vehicle. My friend who worked on the Ford assembly line for 20+ years told me to wait and I didn't. He has a 2013 and has had zero problems. I've had 13 new Fords in my lifetime and probably still...
  17. S

Extended Service Plan (ESP) prices comparison thread

I have a 2011 Explorer XLT with 37000 miles on it. It was an early build 10/10. It has been back to Ford dealers 19 times since then. Ford gave me at no cost an extended warranty to 60000 miles because of all my problems. If not for that I would have dumped it before the factory warranty was up...
  18. S

3.5.1 BT Stereo Issues

Add these issues to the latest update. The radio still comes on by itself when exiting the vehicle. Sync will not show up on my sync after sending a vehicle health report. Also, the latest upgrade not showing up on my site. Called Ford and they said it was a software issue on their site and it...
  19. S

Request for help - Survey

I seem to remember this vibration issue coming up before. In our Ford manuals for the 2011 explorers it states if equipped with the 20" Hanooks there will be flatspots in them for a few miles especially in cold weather. I'd venture to say that people without vibrations have the Michelin tires...
  20. S

Turn signal problem, New glich?

Well, here we go again. on our trip from Minn. to Florida the left turn signal will not shut off. Tried calling sync service and that wouldn't work. Could not use MFT to find a Ford dealer on the way, I could not. So I now have a bungee cord holding the lever in the middle position but have no...
  21. S

Should I buy 2013 or wait for 2014?

I was told that the 2014's are coming out sometime in May 2013. Thats what I am waiting for. My 2011 due to all the problems was given an extended warranty from Ford till 5 years or 60,000 miles for gratis. Maybe by then the gurus in Dearborn will have figured the MFT fiasco out. One could...
  22. S

Mft upgrade

Sync website showing v 2.11 installed on 07/27/11. Also, unconfirmed install done, must be the 3.1 done by the dealer. System will not load data to show upgrades using spell checker to correct this. My sync will not send a health report nor dial sync services. Its not my phone because as soon as...
  23. S

Mft upgrade

Yep, thats me too! Clueless again Ford. Tried live chat, he said to use a different browser to check, WTF. my sync account still shows only installations doney Ford in 2011. Not the current one done this year. This is what it says. Install the performance upgrade Back...
Back