Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ford Goes Cheap With Halogen Over HID On 2017

Does anyone have a replacement idea for the 2017 Explorer's halogen low beam headlight bulb. Seems that wherever I search (For instance at Amazon, it states, "does not fit your 2017 Explorer") I am either shown high beam replacements or HID replacement options. Simply looking for a whiter and...
  2. S

Sync3 Failure and FoMoCo Snub

Thanks to all who offered possible workarounds. None have worked. To those who opined that I was being unfair or petty with FoMoCo? Walk in my shoes with this BS. Correctly, some have noted the predicament Ford techs are in, if they do not get an error code, there is no justification for a...
  3. S

Thanks. Did all of that: Purchased new apple USB and lightening cables and two lightening cables from Paracable. Even went from iPhone 6 to 7, when four months after I bought the Explorer, the selling dealer said the 6 was not compatible (I woulda' bought one anyway, at some point). But, it...
  4. S

Thanks. The dealer did provide a loaner; a '17 Ford Escape with the latest Sync3 (albeit, not with Nav or touch screen, etc). While it may be merely anecdotal, the Sync in the Escape and none of the issues mentioned above (including recognizing bluetooth and usb alike on different iPods and...
  5. S

Yes. I did update to the latest Sync 3 version. No cigar.
  6. S

So, I have a 2017 Explorer, LTD, fully optioned. I also have an unlocked iPhone 7Plus, iPod nano and iPod Classic. 70% of the time they work fine with Sync. 30% of the time they will not be recognized, I will not get voice recognition, my screens will not recognize any other media beside Am...
  7. S

Thanks for your feedback. Although I didn't make any reference to "non-LED fog lamps" in my criticism. Not do I have a problem with the LED low beams. My complaint is with the reduced safety offered by the high beam halogen bulbs. Perhaps I could have been clearer, but the combination of LED...
  8. S

Recently took delivery of a 2017 Limited with all package options beside 2nd row buckets. Traded in my 2012 Limited. I won't bother going over the other niggles I have with the new car (cheapiness), but the fact that they dropped HID headlamps from the car in favor of LED lows and very yellow...
  9. S

2.3L EcoBoost MPG Revealed!

Mileage Figures on my 2012 Explorer Limites Just another mileage report. I've 59,800 miles on my 2012 Explorer Limited (with the 3.5L V6, of course). Over the past 48,100 miles I've averaged 20.3 MPG overall. Living in Vermont, the driving terrain is rarely flat. Most of my miles have...
  10. S

winter tires/wheel size for 2012 Explorer Limited

Downsizing for Winter I purchased a wheel and tire package through Tire Rack. I'm running 245/65 R17, 105R Bridgestone Blizzaks with MSW wheels, on my 2012 Explorer LTD. There has been no problem with the 'computer'. Speedo is unaffected, and handling is certainly better than it would be...
  11. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

My Vibrator Thanks, Hugh. I'll give it a try. This was simple.
  12. S

How about an actual TSB number? I hear there is a number; nobody is actually sure what it is; my dealership is not familiar with it; we've got a guy from FOMOCO right here in this thread; and still no actual number in print. Seems a little odd, if I were asked. 17,500 miles on my 2012...
  13. S

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Is that a Diesel truck I'm not following? I'm in the early stages of a round-the-country trip. My 2012 LTD AWD has nearly 7,000 miles on the odo. Yesterday, as I sat in traffic in Norfolk, VA, I was nearly forced out of the car by the smell. Opened all windows and the roof, and it cleared...
  14. S

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

Air Intake I had mine reinstalled by the kind folks at West Herr Ford in Hamburg, NY. Got me right in, in spite of the heavy post-holiday traffic. (I'm just traveling through the area). The service manager advised me that the part is important to cooling the aft part of the engine where it...
  15. S

Burnt Oil Smell Vince, That may have been my post you read. And yes, I did have the seal replaced after oil was found dripping on to the exhaust. The bad news is that, after 400 miles and several days, the smell has returned, albeit not as pungent as before. I've been operating in...
  16. S

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

Just drove 450 miles of interstate yesterday. Hit nothing I'm aware of. Woke up this morning. Backed my '12 Explorer out of the parking spot. Heard a noise. Climbed out. There on the ground was the duct assembly that rests behind the front air dam. No sign of breakage. Just laying there...
  17. S

Fixed vs Not So Fixed I have no doubt that there must be more happy owners than those with my impression. I have been to the dealer for all three issues. They were able to correct the smell problem this week: I actually drove into the dealer while the smell was present, so the service...
  18. S

Finally hit the Trifecta! After nearly four months and 5200 miles, my 2012 LTD has experienced the 'big three'; A pillar vibration, MFT implosion and now the "Smell". The smell makes itself readily apparent after sitting in traffic, under hard acceleration (entering interstate) and when...
  19. S

Finally hit the Trifecta! After nearly four months and 5200 miles, my 2012 LTD has experienced the 'big three'; A pillar vibration, MFT implosion and now the "Smell". The smell makes itself readily apparent after sitting in traffic, under hard acceleration (entering interstate) and when...
  20. S

Molding, Shmolding They can replace the gaskets and plastic all they want. But, until they replace plastic with metal the problem will continue in one way or another: Vibrate, Fly off, whistle, scratch, crack, shatter, suck. Not to mention the increased likelihood for corrosion, debris and...
  21. S

This place depresses me

Rain Noise I would bet the rain noise you hear is due to the Explorer's roof design. If you'll note, the leading edge of the roof has a pronounced 15 degree tilt to it. That exposure of the metal to oncoming rain, sleet or debris causes quite a bit of noise. Another design flaw in the...
  22. S

2012 explorer windshield noise

Windshield Noise Just wondering if you folks are aware that there is another entire thread dedicated to this A Pillar noise (windshield noise). Much more specific information there.
  23. S

I'll try. Never have exported any videos from my phone to computer, but will seek assistance. I took my video into the dealer today. They're aware and acknowledged the dumbness of having any applique on the A pillar. Just wait until someone hacks up a few of these things with their ice...
  24. S

Replication? I've got three videos from my Droid Smart Phone that record over five minutes of this BS on I-90 driving across New York. Any Ford dealer/service manager or technician who cannot replicate this noise needs to have his/her job skills re-evaluated. Absolute bullshit if they...
  25. S

Deja Vu Had mine in this past week (for a week). Replaced both sides, although the left one hadn't been an issue (aero is different due to wiper blades, IMO). First windy day, and it's as bad as ever. I believe that, until there is a design fix (primed and painted sheet metal hinged at top...
Back