Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

1995 Aerostar with front tire wear.

Hey everyone! I have had constant problems with the front tires on my Aerostars (AWD) (I've had 3 of them). The front tires always seem to wear on the inside quite badly. I have had alignments done, toe in and toe out and all that stuff and they have been brought into spec but still they...
  2. S

The battery drains then the door locks cycle on & off.

Battery checked shows ok I went to Autozone and they could not check the battery under load. Their check indicated that the battery was bad. I went to Advance Auto where I purchased the battery and they were able to test it under load, with the engine running and lights and heater fan on. The...
  3. S

The battery drains then the door locks cycle on & off.

I searched but could not find this problem. The battery in my 1996 Aerostar is losing its charge on a regular basis. I will be taking it to Autozone, where I bought the battery, to check it out tomorrow. When the battery is low and all I get is the clicking when I try to start the van, the...
  4. S

Heater control valve on a 1995 Aerostar with a 4.0L.

Heater control valve Here is the link to the one I found on e-bay. This looks like the one installed in the van with the metal servo and the servo is facing forward...
  5. S

Found on e-bay I think I found what I needed on e-bay. It is from the Ford Explorer Ranger. Same configuration as the original down to the metal 'servo' and the servo is facing the correct direction. $14.48 total. Motorcraft part. Will post if it fits! Or not!:)
  6. S

The heater control valve on my 1995 Aerostar has broken. I can find replacement parts at rockauto.com or autozone but they are configured differently. Part number 74809 is supposed to be the one. Mine sits on the passenger side of the engine compartment right up next to the AC drier/canister...
  7. S

I'm losing coolant, and I don't know where the leak is.

I have a 1995 4wd 4.0 6 cyl. Aerostar. Over the past several months my coolant level has been going down on a regular basis. I can't see any obvious leaks and there are no puddles on the ground. I did run a bottle of 'Stopleak" through the radiator just for the heck of it but no change in...
  8. S

Post your WTB Aerostar parts here.

I need front coil springs for an E-4WD 1995 Aerostar 4.0L. Help! I have a broken front passenger side spring on my AWD 1995 Aerostar. I have looked all over to find replacements but all I can find are front coils for the RWD model. (MOOG CC850 these are variable rate) Any suggestions? Would...
Back