Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

How close have you been to running out of gas?

My Ranger and my wife's Edge both have a 19.5 gallon tank, and I recently put 17.5 gallons in my Ranger. Naturally, the low fuel light was on, and I was nervous because I had never run this low before. I have an 80 mile roundtrip commute daily, and I do not like fueling often, unless I feel gas...
  2. F

Radio Display is out, Please Help.

I'll sell the OEM one disk AM/FM satellite ready stereo from my 08' Ranger. Just let me know how much you are willing to pay, and then, it is yours. It has never given me any trouble.
  3. F

Premium radio button lights

I'll sell my newer one disc AM/FM with satellite radio compatibility stereo from my 08' Ranger. The problem you are experiencing may be poor design and require soldering. Just make me an offer, and the radio is yours.
  4. F

Radio LED display fix!!!

^ A few pages up, and you will realize that the boards have now been used up. Most members used Ebay. Unfortunately, I think that you have to purchase a new radio.
  5. F

3 rubber pads on top of OEM tonneau cover, MISSING one!

Somebody said that the OEM Ford tonneau cover is nothing more than possibly a Torza brand that Ford somehow "calls there own". Maybe you can somehow research more and call Customer Service. Maybe they could help.
  6. F

Sirius radio problem?

That is the craziest thing I've ever heard. I don't know why the satellite would work and then not work and affect only Ford's. I think that you are getting the run around.
  7. F

Newbie Question On Tires

Some tire shops in the US have a satisfaction warranty where you can return the tires within 500 miles if dissatisfied with them. I have to get tires for my Ranger, but lucky I have 225/70/15, I believe. Good luck.
  8. F

White lettering on the outside?

My wife has a Ford Edge, and we only needed to replace a pair of tires the first time around. We chose the dealer because they had the vehicle for other service, and my wife was already experiencing air loss. Anyway, the OEM Hankook's lasted well for us, so I had two put on as replacement. We...
  9. F

Crash Record Module - Black Box??

I am intrigued by this for a couple reasons. First, all vehicles after 2004 (or so) have to have the ability to record events leading up to a crash. I am unsure of the exact details, and most individuals are not even aware that this capability even exists. My question is, "If all newer...
  10. F

Turn signal problem

I have driven Ford's my entire life, and my wife and I currently own an 08' Ranger and an 07' Edge. Also, both vehicles have recently had bulbs replaced both front and back. The fast blink indicates a bulb issue, but it doesn't indicate front or back. The only indication is that it is a turn...
  11. F

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

I thought all cars/trucks rusted at the bottom of the doors because it is easy for water to settle there, and a vehicle is not air-tight since moisture, air, salt, etc. can easily build-up there. I have owned/leased Rangers dating back to 98' and my wife owns an 07' Ford Edge, and I think that...
  12. F

Need more bright head lamp

Thanks since I was running into this problem also. I recently had to replace both headlights in the wife's 07' Ford Edge and both headlights in my 08' Ford Ranger, and I chose the Sylvania Xtravision, which I'm not very pleased with. I am looking into the Phillips Xtreme Vision, which...
  13. F

What tires are they shipping on the 2013 XLT 4wd?

My wife has Hankook's on her Ford Edge, and I couldn't be more than impressed. The tires were rated for 50,000 miles, and I had a set replaced at 60,000 miles when the tread left was only 2/32nd's. The only reason I had replaced a set earlier at 54,000 miles was because I had a flat, and I...
  14. F

Opinions needed before I take ford dealership to court.

Feedback is what a forum is all about.
  15. F

Who makes the single piece tonneau covers?

01STRunner, That helps. Thanks.
  16. F

Gas fumes in cab.

What? You have a 4 year old vehicle with 67,000 miles or is that a typo? There is a limit to how long the vehicle can be kept before the statue of limitations wears out. I know Ohio's law for "lemon" is that the vehicle has to have 3 trips for the same item within 90 days and/or be safety...
  17. F

Who makes the single piece tonneau covers?

There are different manufacturers, and you should be able to Google 'hard tonneau cover'. I am actually in the market for one, but I want a tri-fold, and when I Googled, I got results for anything tonneau related. I know off-hand that there are many websites -- www.autoanything, www.extang.com...
  18. F

Oil Change interval

1st, I thought the dealer uses a semi-synthetic, which isn't exactly the same, but I do agree with your post as a whole. I have the philosophy that if one can afford a $30,000+ vehicle or can't afford a car payment, then cheap insurance to change the oil. I bought a one year old truck with 286...
  19. F

2009 Escape with PICS!

Very nice, and I, too, love that color.
  20. F

Just got a Front brake job and now this...

Seems suspicious that he didn't have the problem when he went in, and once the work was performed, the problem presented itself. I'm not suggesting foul play, but the timing is very coincidental. For some Ford's, like certain Explorers, 33,000 isn't too early for ball joint repair, but I still...
  21. F

Better brakes?

I rarely use overdrive, but all the other points describe my driving to a T. I, too, hate buying gas and frequent avoidable repairs.
  22. F

Ford CEO is todays one-percenter

I can't speak for others, but I can read and comprehend. Ford is a company in business to make money -- very similar to 95+% of other businesses, and what they chose to do with their money is their business (pardon the pun). In order to retain employees, like CEO's, companies often overpay. I...
  23. F

Ford CEO is todays one-percenter

It is a fact of life that CEO's pay is not in line with "everyday workers". I agree with the comments above, and I would like to add that w/o an exceptional talent like him, who would want to work as CEO of any company? It is because of his success or failure that a company, such as Ford, can...
  24. F

Outraged!!

At least they told you beforehand. How would you feel if you went there for work, thought that they used a new filter, and then found out later that they reused the old one? I don't disagree with you about that service dept., though. I'd be P.O.'d, too.
  25. F

Looking at purchasing Sport Trac, Need advise

I know someone who got rid of a Murano for a Ford Edge because of issues and poor gas mileage. I would lean towards the Sport Trac. I am in a position myself where I am contemplating getting rid of my Ranger, yet I don't want an Explorer or Escape or any car. I really like pickups, so the...
Back