Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Goodbye 3RD GENS

No regrets really, The explorer served it's purpose. However my Impreza is getting 28mpg, So my only regret is not finding something better on gas mileage sooner!
  2. T

Goodbye 3RD GENS

Well, It's time for me to part my ways with my explorer. I'm buying a 2013 Impreza and saying goodbye to the explorer. It's been fun guys.
  3. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Aluminum we got brother explorers, i have 30k hids though, so blue.. Mods to date/As of 2013. Headers done. Flowmaster Original 40 series. HID-30K Kenwood 1000W Amp, 2x Rockford Fosgate subwoofers K&N Cold Air Intake Billet Grille. Plasti-Dip rims Plasti-Dip Trim...
  4. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I finally installed subs in my ex. Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-2X12 Kenwood 1000-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier
  5. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Mods: Flowmaster Original. K&N Cold Air Intake Led Taillights Hid Headlights 12k Plastidip Rims Blue lights on interior and exterior Black Grille Blacked Emblem Kenwood Deck
  6. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

haha it's so much like driving a go kart i love it! this thing is fun to drive, hell i might have to just buy one. Yeah, my water pump was leaking and my tranny was missing 2nd and 5th gear.
  7. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

So my 2002 explorer is currently in the shop with a dead transmission. This is my current car I miss my explorer so much but i'm loving this little thing.
  8. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

big ups, everyone has different tastes. Plasti- Dip as far as i know will not ruin your wheels. Plasti Dip is latex coating so if i want to take it off it just peels off. The texture is kind of like a balloon.
  9. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Rims painted with Plasti Dip. What do you guys think?
  10. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

plasti dipping the stock rims. i'll post a picture when they are done.
  11. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

12. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I have 12k in my car, but i ordered 30k. Cant wait for intense blue. It's currently a royal purple looking color, but i really want that blueish look(ricer look)
  13. T

General Price Range

You know i've actually been thinking about a 300zx an older model if anything. i've also thought about a rx8(if i could afford it). I would also like a Volvo, the new sports car one.
  14. T

The end of my 3rd gen.

very interested in your rims. give me a price range+pictures
  15. T

General Price Range

yeah truee, the cost of insurance for the is300 is 126$ monthly for me, the x is currently all paid off and i just want something to work on and spend money into, the x is pretty much all done with work minus a cold air intake or a few other engine mods my problem with the x is that, i love...
  16. T

General Price Range

What about a BMW or a Audi? Are those even more expensive? I was looking at an Older BMW such as the E36 M3 or the AUDI S4. The IS300 is a dream car for me, and i've seen a few car around 8k on craigslist. Honda Civic would be nice, I love the CRX and if i could find a perfect in shape one of...
  17. T

General Price Range

Hey guys, i've been researching prices for explorers. I own a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT (non 4x4 :( ) However, I'm looking to sell the truck now. While i love my baby and have put a lot of work into her, i'm just not seeing the results or seeing the chances to do the work i really want to a car...
  18. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

So i decided to install HIDS in my ex. Ordered from VVME(Great price+Shipping) got 35w 12k w relay harness for about 70$ Have some pictures at night too, theyre wicked bright and have a purpleish tint to them. However i do wish i could have proper projectors and i do think i'll be selling...
  19. T

Whats a good HID kit

I used VVME and ordered the 35w 12k bulbs w/ relay harness(Get it) I love the purpleish color it gives me, i wish there was a proper projectors for the explorer, sadly i think ill be selling my explorer though
  20. T

2002 Ford Explorer 2nd Row Dome Lights

Hey there, I'll just give you a link to the ones i bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3984Q2em1439Q2el2649QQitemZ140537358656QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWNXQ3aIT#ht_5120wt_927...
  21. T

Photos 3rd gen pic's

hey mate which hid kit are you using? and did you do anything to your housing? i currently have the black housing from ebay.
  22. T

Introducing...Flashtech LED Halo's for 2002-2005 explorers!

I'm interested in these, but green is illegal in va, will you offer white? any color on headlights are illegal in va, also, what bulbs are in your foglights?
  23. T

SilverStar® zXe

Has anyone tried them yet? They are saying they are the closest to that HID look What is the number for 2002 ford explorer xlt headlight bulbs?
  24. T

2002 Ford Explorer 2nd Row Dome Lights

yeah man, i appreciate your help.
Back