Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Check Brake System

I already took the car to the dealer but they didn't get the error code. The problem with that error is it doesn't always happen. It just happened to me when I took it to the dealer the first time for a change oil service then after two days I got a check brake system for the 3 straight days...
  2. S

Check Brake System

I received a message "Check Brake System" from my 2012 ford explorer XLT with less than 10k mileage. What's usually the cause of this issue? I already took my car to the dealer but they couldn't replicate the issue. I had this issue for three days but I can't replicate it always. It happened to...
  3. S

Hood Deflector

I already was able to close the hood. I didn't read all of the instruction. I just had to place the deflector between the hood and the rubber seal.
  4. S

Hood Deflector

Weathertech stone and bug deflector I tried installing the deflector a while ago but after i got it installed I can't close my hood anymore. at first I didn't think that it was the bug deflector that causes it so i keep trying to close my hood but i gave up and just removed the bug deflector...
  5. S

Rear Climate Control

I just confirmed that giving the control to the rear. The rear can control their own settings and the air blows in 2nd and 3rd rows. but when the control is on the MFT there's no air coming out of the second row. It's just weird that there would be no air on second row when the rear...
  6. S

Rear Climate Control

Rear Climate Control problem When pressed the power on MFT it gave me the control of the rear temperature and fan but I noticed that the the air only blows at 3rd row. When I pressed the rear button that gives control to the second row the air now blows at 2nd row and 3rd row. Is that how...
  7. S

Just ordered my new EX

I think X-plan is different from employee pricing (A-plan).. as with my case I asked the dealer about it they said no and I also phoned ford customer service and they also confirmed No. Was the incentives they honored that one that was in effect when you ordered the vehicle or at delivery?
  8. S

Just ordered my new EX

for the employee pricing, you can't combine it with existing incentives so you can either take the incentives on order or delivery but not both.
  9. S

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

Can you give the site you ordered the AVS? That can also ship to canada
  10. S

2012 Explorer order info HELP!!

I don't know what's a DORA. I don't think the order are processed based on a dealer. I think it would be on the priority and the time of order. I suggest to wait for Cory's reply. I also had doubt if the dealer ordered my vehicle so I asked for Cory's help to track it by just giving her the...
  11. S

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

side window deflector Can you recommend the best side window deflector for a 2012 ford explorer? and would you recommend a in-channel one? Where can I get one?
  12. S

2012 Explorer order info HELP!!

I placed an order last first week of Sept. I'm also from AB. It took about 6 weeks for the vehicle to arrive here in calgary. It just got here two days ago. You'll get the VIN after two weeks and after a week the vehicle will be in production. Send a PM to Cory, she can help you track your...
  13. S

Another New Guy

It was about 6 weeks. Employee pricing is much better deal. the difference in the interest is only 1.5 + winter tires.
  14. S

incentive at delivery

I think this is where you got it. Ford Employee Pricing ("Employee Pricing") is available from June 16, 2011 to September 30, 2011 (the "Program Period") on the purchase or lease of most new 2011/2012 Ford/Lincoln vehicles (excluding all chassis cab and cutaway body models, F-150 Raptor and...
  15. S

incentive at delivery

I ordered last month and the vehicle arrived at the dealership yesterday it was a 2012 XLT 4WD. I also got the costco rebate. I asked the dealer they said I can't use the employee with the current incentives. I also asked ford customer service about it and they also said no. I pointed out the...
  16. S

Another New Guy

I phoned ford canada customer service a while ago and they said that you can't combine the employee pricing with the current incentive. I'm about to take the delivery of my 2012 explorer and I would like to check if I can really combine the employee pricing with the current incentive...
  17. S

incentive at delivery

I ordered a 2012 ford explorer with employee pricing and 6.49 interest rate. My order already arrived to the dealer. I'm just wondering if I can get the employee pricing + the current interest rate + the winter tire package?
  18. S

how to check MFT version?

can you help me determine the MFT of my explorer? Can you give me the steps? Thanks
  19. S

2012 Ford Explorer Tire Size

Was your upgrade to 20 inch done in the factory , dealer or you did it after you got your explorer? I ordered a 2012 XLT also and I'm thinking on upgrading the tires to 20 inch after winter. Did you also install a new tpms on those tires?
  20. S

New Rims

Where did you order those wheels? Did you also order a tpms?
  21. S

About to purchse - Pricing Help Please?!

I was just able to get about $500 off, 1k costco rebate and the employee pricing. and I did all the negotiation via email, so its better sending emails to all the dealers in your area and see who are the dealers you can make a deal with.
  22. S

About to purchse - Pricing Help Please?!

my suggestion is ask for quotes from different dealers in your area. You can try sending them emails. That's what I did and got the two dealer that can give me a good deal and worked from there. "Discount Dealer Markup of 6% down to 2% - ($1,723)". -I asked all the dealers in my area about...
  23. S

My 2012 X LTD AWD

Have you tried asking for quotes in your area if they'll accept the 2% because in my area all dealers didn't accept my offer, but I was able to lower it for a few hundreds.
  24. S

how did you pay for the order of 2012 XLT AWD X

i'm currently looking to order a Ford Explorer XLT V6 4WD here in canada but I would like to know how much is the best price I can get it with the following options Medium Light Stone White Tri Coat-300 Wheels 20" Polished-1200 Leather Trimmed Heated Bucket Seat-1200 All Weather Carpeted Fron...
Back