Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Gasoline Odor

Thank Cory for you response. It is great to have you watching this board! I will give the dealer a chance to find the problem and make it right. If not, I will be in touch. Thanks again!
  2. R

Gasoline Odor

Thanks to all for the feedback. I learned very early on not to try "topping off". When the pump nozzle clicks, she is Full - Period. No these were separate incidents with a variety of circumstances and tank levels. Once during mild acceleration, once at highway speed, and last time sitting in...
  3. R

Gasoline Odor

Anyone else detecting random strong gasoline odor? I've had three different occasions while driving and while parked in garage. Not good. BTW, I've also got the dreaded A-pillar rattle and MFT with a crazy demonic mind of its own. At 4500 mi. I will be lining up my first service appointment. I...
  4. R

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

I installed the AVS in-channel vent visors on my 2012 EX. Easy install, great look, very durable. Had them in my 2000 EX with no problems after 11 years and 175K miles. I expect the same performance from my new ones. For those who had problems with window "auto reversing" - just help the...
  5. R

Fuse Box - Radar Detector

OK I've read a number of threads and posts, but still can't get what I need. I have a 2012 EX. Interior fuse box located below steering wheel by position of left knee. My questions: 1. Do you have to remove black plastic shield with screws to access box? 2. Which fuse is good choice to...
  6. R

Window Side Vents / Deflectors

I agree with Border. I just got the Lund in-channel vents online for around $60. I've had them on my 2000 Explorer for the last 11 years and 175k miles. Never a problem from the day I installed and they look much better than the Ford vents.
  7. R

2012 with Navigation - 6 month waiting time?

I ordered mine on 8/27. If the schedule holds true it will be delivered next week - a total of 6 weeks! :):):)
  8. R

Husky / Weathertech mats - Group Buy

Just another quick thank-you to blwnsmoke for doing the legwork and arranging this deal with Husky. I ordered on on Tuesday and they arrived on Thursday. Awesome responsiveness! As some of the previous comments stated, the Husky rep., Melissa, was very helpful and the order process very simple...
  9. R

FWD vs. 4WD

You could follow my method - Do a very thorough analysis of Pro's v. Con's with FWD v. 4WD including typical driving conditions, off-road driving %, safety/peace-of-mind, significant additional cost, etc.. Then convince yourself that, given all of these factors, you absolutely do NOT need...
  10. R

$500 Rebate on 2012 Explorer

Most dealers I spoke with were willing to sell at or around invoice. Kinda depends on the size / volume of the dealer. The bigger guys seem to get more flexibility. You would expect a good deal on an "ordered" vehicle as they don't have to put any money into the sale. No inventory carrying cost...
  11. R

I got it for $100 over invoice.
  12. R

My salesman has been checking the Ford system every couple days since the last coupon expired. I'm supposed to get the certificate in the mail, although I didn't last time. I don't think you can check it yourself via web. I just have a great sales guy who's done a great job helping me get the...
  13. R

Same situation here. Found out that my private offer $750 was renewed and expires 10/24. I immediately called my sales guy and told him to place the order. If there are no glitches in the order / build / delivery process, I should be able to take advantage of both the $750 coupon and the $500...
  14. R

Here we Go! Excited to report that I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered my 2012! XLT 4WD Ingot Silver Metallic Charcoal Black Leather 205a Group Tow Package Navigation System After driving my 2000 XLT for 11 years, I'm looking forward to my new EX! :D:D:D:D:D :chug::chug:
  15. R

The Salesman at my dealer actually did the request for me. He requested the brochure and the "private offer certificate" appeared in the Ford system a day later, though he stated that it is at Ford's discretion and not automatic. Probably comes from the Marketing group based on location, sale...
  16. R

The $500 could well be a regional offer, I'm not sure. I've also heard of dealers honoring all rebates and "grandfathering" them at point of sale. I don't know how they work that, although I doubt they take the hit on their holdback. Especially with the EX still being in rather high demand.
  17. R

Timing is everything. Congrats on the unexpected "gift"!!!!!
  18. R

I meant 205a Rapid Spec. They changed it on the 2012.
  19. R

I'm being a little picky about options. For this money, I want exactly what I want. XLT, 4WD, 202 group, Tow Package, and Nav. System. I don't want moonroof, 20" wheels, power lift gate, etc. - I guess I want it "selectively loaded" and my combo has been harder to find for a dealer trade.
  20. R

My dealer says the $500 will be honored at the "point of sale" which is probably safe - I don't expect them to pull it back soon. If anything, with this economy, it will probably go to $1000 at some point (like the 2011 did). My challenge will be to order (and receive!) before my $750 private...
  21. R

I've been waiting (procrastinating) to order my new 2012 Explorer trying to figure out options, etc. and noticed a "Promotional Retail Bonus Customer Cash" offer of $500 on the Ford Website. It must have just appeared in the past day or so.:chug:
  22. R

New 2012 Explorer Ideas

Point well taken:) Based on a few searches, I notice you've used many wax / polish products over the years. What sends RejeX to the top of your list right now? I do appreciate your comments. Thanks! :chug:
  23. R

New 2012 Explorer Ideas

Wax There used to be an old wive's tale that you should wait to wax a new vehicle until the paint had some time to "cure". I'm sure with today's technology, new polymers, etc. that shouldn't be an issue (if it ever truly was one). I can honestly say that my 2000 Ex exterior looks very close to...
  24. R

New 2012 Explorer Ideas

Thanks! Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I truly appreciate it. I'm just trying to figure out the best strategy and timing for placing the order. I'm sure the $750 certificate would be honored at the time of order, but doubt they would grandfather the 2011 rebate ($1000) on a 2012 order...
  25. R

New 2012 Explorer Ideas

Ajar - I got the $750 certificate merely by requesting an EX brochure from the dealer and getting on the mailing list. I think you can also do this via the Ford website and telling them you plan to buy in the next month. As I understand, the certificates are not "automatic", but fairly common...
Back