Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

evap core

2000 Explorer 5.0 V-8 I need to replace evap core. I will have right fender off for repairs Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. L

2000 Explorer quarter panels

VROOMZOOMBOOM, Thank you very much
  3. L

2000 Explorer quarter panels

My 2000 Explorer is in need of rear quarter panels. The only aftermarket ones are for 1991-1994. What do I have to do to make them work? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank to everyone for a great forum!
  4. L

new fenders

I know they need tweeking but some are really bad some not so bad. Thank for your reply. Lil Joe
  5. L

new fenders

Does any aftermarket front fenders fit or are they s night mare to install? Thanks Lil Joe
  6. L

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

My 5.0 has 207,000 uses no oil and run great. Replaced exhaust manifolds couple years ago. The transfer case needs a new chain, single speed AWD . I will be looking for an good how to on this one. I have seen how to's on two speed cases, but not this case. everything else is oringnal, cept...
  7. L

transmission oil and filter

Thanks for the education guys. Lil Joe
  8. L

transmission oil and filter

I have a 2000 Explorer 5.0 AWD with 106,000 miles. Is there any transmission filters that are USA made? What would be the best Trans fluid to use. I don't know if this is original tranny. Thank's for any input. Lil Joe
  9. L

2000 5.0 explorer timing chain

Thanks everyone. Lil Joe
  10. L

Thank you crunchie frog. How hard is it to get the oil pan bolts out and back in?
  11. L

206600 miles on original 5.0. When should the chain and gears be replaced, what all is involved? Thank to all for their expertise. Lil Joe
  12. L

heater a/c selecter switch

That is a good idea if I cant find one locally. Thank you J C.
  13. L

heater a/c selecter switch

Is this heater a/c switch a dealer item? I can't seem to find it anywhere and the Ford garage is closed till Monday. Thanks to everyone for their help. Lil Joe
  14. L

power steering fluid

I went to local NAPA store, the book said Motorcraft Mercon V. Thanks everyone. Lil Joe
  15. L

power steering fluid

2000 explorer xlt 5.0 , what type power steering fluid to use? Thank you.
  16. L

winshield wipers

MAS Tequila, I'm going to get a new one. Thank You Lil Joe
  17. L

winshield wipers

Toypaseo, excellant reply. The switch on the Explorer lasted 199,000 mi so I'm not complaining. Thanks to everyone who replied. Thanks to all you guys I may get all the little bugs fixed. Lil Joe
  18. L

winshield wipers

Can I check that part with a meter?
  19. L

winshield wipers

Toypaseo, How hard is that to change? Lil Joe
  20. L

winshield wipers

2000 Explorer 5.0 AWD XLT, front wipers will work correctly on high speed. Slow speed and delay speeds won't all the time. I replaced the relay but did't make a difference. I would appreciate any ideas how to find the problem. Thank you. Lil Joe
  21. L

Trailer plug

Koda2000,I new that plug was there like you said so I pulled the red cover off and tested it with my meter and every thing cddheck out power wise. Went to the pasts store and they had what I needed. The ones I looked at on line didn't show enough detail on the plug. So everything is good now...
  22. L

Trailer plug

I will check that out today. Thanks Guys. Lil Joe
  23. L

Trailer plug

2000 Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD. I'm having trouble finding the correct trailer wiring harness. there is a plug by each tail light that is plugged with a red plug. That is all I see. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. Lil Joe
  24. L

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

2000 5.0 198,000 mi original
  25. L

steering rack steel lines

Thanks for all the replies. Lil Joe
Back