Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

evap core

2000 Explorer 5.0 V-8 I need to replace evap core. I will have right fender off for repairs Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  2. L

2000 Explorer quarter panels

My 2000 Explorer is in need of rear quarter panels. The only aftermarket ones are for 1991-1994. What do I have to do to make them work? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank to everyone for a great forum!
  3. L

new fenders

Does any aftermarket front fenders fit or are they s night mare to install? Thanks Lil Joe
  4. L

transmission oil and filter

I have a 2000 Explorer 5.0 AWD with 106,000 miles. Is there any transmission filters that are USA made? What would be the best Trans fluid to use. I don't know if this is original tranny. Thank's for any input. Lil Joe
  5. L

2000 5.0 explorer timing chain

206600 miles on original 5.0. When should the chain and gears be replaced, what all is involved? Thank to all for their expertise. Lil Joe
  6. L

heater a/c selecter switch

Is this heater a/c switch a dealer item? I can't seem to find it anywhere and the Ford garage is closed till Monday. Thanks to everyone for their help. Lil Joe
  7. L

power steering fluid

2000 explorer xlt 5.0 , what type power steering fluid to use? Thank you.
  8. L

winshield wipers

2000 Explorer 5.0 AWD XLT, front wipers will work correctly on high speed. Slow speed and delay speeds won't all the time. I replaced the relay but did't make a difference. I would appreciate any ideas how to find the problem. Thank you. Lil Joe
  9. L

Trailer plug

2000 Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD. I'm having trouble finding the correct trailer wiring harness. there is a plug by each tail light that is plugged with a red plug. That is all I see. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. Lil Joe
  10. L

steering rack steel lines

The steel lines on the steering rack are so rusty I am afraid they are going to blow out. The only lines I can find are for right hand drive. 2000 explorer 5.0. Please Help Lil Joe
  11. L

trailer hitch

I am looking for class 3 hitch for 2000 Explorer all wheel drive 5.0 motor. I want one that leaves room for a full size spare. anyone with experience I would like make and part number, but any info would be great. Thank You Lil Joe
  12. L

2000 Explorer wheels

I have a 2000 Explorer AWD with 15'' wheels that aren't in best of shape. Will 16'' aluminum wheels from 2002 Explorer fit without clearance problems? Thank You. Lil Joe
  13. L

2000 explorer 5.0 towing capacity

I was going to put a class 3 hitch on my 2000 Explorer, 5.0. auto overdrive, all wheel drive and what is the towing capacity of a stock explorer?
  14. L

windshield wipers

I have 2000 Explorer 5.0 with delay wipers. Sometimes they work as they should , know they only work on high speed. Today they may work good or not. Shortly I'm taking the dog to the Vets so I hope it don't rain. Any ideas will be great. Thank You. Lil Joe
  15. L

2000 Explorer 4 door outer wheel opening repair

The right rear outer wheel opening is rusted out. I can't find a repair panel other than a complete quarter panel. Anyone know if a wheel opening patch panel from any year Ranger would work? Thank You
Back