Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Solved Real problem why 1996 Explorer doors won't open....

You should always be able to at least reach your hand into the door(the the interior panel off) and unlock the door that way. If that is not the case then one of the metal rods may be bent or one of the plastic clips at the end of the metal rods may have broken. With the door open and the panel...
  2. T

HELP get door open!

Inside the door, bottom left corner, only one plug connects to the actuator and middle of the door left side is the bar for the lock pin.
  3. T

HELP get door open!

WHy don't you just disconnect the lock actuator. If you have the panel off it will be on the bottom left corner inside the door(drivers side door that is). If you unhook the connector to the actuator you won't have to cut any wires, window will still work, and the electronics will no longer lock...
  4. T

Solved Real problem why 1996 Explorer doors won't open....

SO I had this problem as well and look my door apart and of course this was the problem. When I figured out what was wrong I immediately started searching on here to find out what people have done about it. Here's the problem, it doesn't look like anyone has come up with anything yet? This...
  5. T

Car Audio Purchased Finally

it seems you may have over paid. You do understand that amp is only capable of 120 rms watts and you know to bridge the 2 channels along with the sub being only 50-250 rms watts correct? Nothing wrong with that I guess, just wanted to make sure you knew. If the box was included I'd say that's...
  6. T

tonneau cover cylinder locks

What I've come to is that the locks for the cover and the tailgate just plain suck. I'd be interested to see if anyones come up with something new. Putting a different cylinder in perhaps.
  7. T

Roll call

Yea, the first thing I normally do when I buy a new car is join the forums and figure out everything about it. I'm a mod over on the 3kgt forums so I've been around forums a bit ;) From Dublin area, live on campus, work downtown. Northwood to be exact.
  8. T

Roll call

Matt - Columbus, Ohio Just picked up a 2001 Sport Trac in need of some TLC and helping nurse it back to health. a Few of the names around here look familar from a few of the other ohio sites.... Other things that move: 91 Mitsu 3000GT vr-4 95 Dodge Grand Caravan
Back