Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Well for the 5 time my 2011 Ford explorer is back at the dealer, Yesterday my power steering completely died and they need to replace the power steering assisnt moduale for a second time, as well they have replaced some harnness and the entire steering colum in the past. With only 3000KM left...
  2. G

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Just thought I would check for more thoughts before I put these on, I did check the dot code and they are only 3 years old. So is 5% bigger ok??
  3. G

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

I also posted this in the terrain managment fault thread, not sure where it belongs Hey guys so i am also having this issue although it has happened once when starting the explorer, it has also happened to me 4 times while driving it, but at this time my power steering also goes out. I took...
  4. G

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

Hey guys so i am also having this issue although it has happened once when starting the explorer, it has also happened to me 4 times while driving it, but at this time my power steering also goes out. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they said they could see no faults i showed them the...
  5. G

Well they are free and bought new last year, does that make a diffrence? :)
  6. G

Winter tire size help? So i have a 2011 explorer with the 245/60/18 all seasons, My buddy has offered me a set of winter tires that are 255/65/18. I know that these are just under 5% bigger but some websites say dont go over 3% and some say under 5% is fine. I would appreciate any comments...
  7. G

Brake caliper seized

Would you mind letting me know how it worked out for you??
  8. G

Brake caliper seized

Hey guys, my 2011 explorer had a caliper seize on the back drives side and has destroyed my rotor and pads. I'm just under 40,000km can you give me an idea of what should be covered under the warranty and what won't be covered. Want and idea before i Take it in tomorrow. Thanks for the...
  9. G

Ford, did you test iOS5 with MFT?

Unfortunitly no, this was a feature i was really hoping for but it still does not work :(
  10. G

Ford, did you test iOS5 with MFT?

I have been using it and it seems a bit better, it now shows artist and song title when connected via bluetooth which is nice.
  11. G

2012 Explorer MPG better than 2011

Can you tell me when you noticed a big change in gas mileage? I have just under 5000KM on mine and still getting 13.5 litres per 100\KM in the city
  12. G

Fwd explorer in winter

Sweet to the Ottawa guys let me know what you pick up and where! looking for winter tires for my new X! :)
  13. G

My DVD solution

Yeah i picked up 2 of these, they worked great http://store.apple.com/ca/product/H6446ZM/A/Griffin-CinemaSeat-for-iPad-2?mco=MjM4NzIyNzY
  14. G

My DVD solution

We Just picked up our 2011 XLT, 2 weeks ago and had to give up the factory installed DVD in out Santa Fe. We also did not want to spend the $2100 for factory installed DVD. So off to Future shop we went to look at portable DVD's for the Car. When we got there my wife said, "hey would an...
Back