Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Radio LED display fix!!!

just use a few skinny screwdrivers, that is what I did
  2. S

Radio LED display fix!!!

He usually puts an ad out there for 30 days, it may have just expired send me a PM and I will give you his email address. Donnie
  3. S

Radio LED display fix!!!

Yep, that is what I said, see previous post. Mine is still working not worth the trouble to do it yourself.
  4. S

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

may not be about a quick fix, but the research is still as important. When I had this same issue, I read ALL the threads, did my analysis and then started troubleshooting. That a way I would at least be familiar with something if a ran across it.
  5. S

You may be right in your analysis of the blend door. I am guessing you have a probe camera? I just used one of those telescoping mirrors from an autoparts store to inspect my blend door.
  6. S

Yes, on recirculate it uses the air inside and not the air outside. I would be curious of the actuator has any gear teeth broke off. Either max AC or Heat there is no problem, but between the two, regular AC there is. You can take apart the actuator and determine there are gears missing...
  7. S

The white part is the actuator and and you do not have the screws. How nice, the black housing is screwed or attached to to the plenum. Just take a putty knife are a big screwdriver and pry it up. Not the housing but pry up the actuator. Disconnect power from actuator before removal. Once...
  8. S

Great stuff right there. The actuactor should work in your hand. The new one did when I plugged it in with the key on it went to the default position. I had to run the vehicle in order to move the actuator. If you have the 3 screws they are a pain, but you can do it with a 1/4 inch small...
  9. S

Does the AC work on Mac Cold everytime you turn it on?
  10. S

Honestly you should drive around with it on regular air, it should be cooler than just sitting there. After a few minutes when you have not noticed a temp change, then hit max air and if it gets colder then your temp settings may be out of whack. You have the ATC (automatict temp control)...
  11. S

So what I hear you saying is: When you us the max air, the air is cold (max air circulates the air that is inside the vehicle there for making cold air cooler) If then you turn to regular air AC (takes air from outside and cools it) it is Warm? Or did you just turn it to Vent? Vent will...
  12. S

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

okay, i had posted on another thread but will update here. clicking noise was the blend air actuator. Replaced with motorcraft, I had the screws, replace only the two, works great now. got a mirror and confirmthe axle on the blend door was in tact and all is good. yep check your vacuum...
  13. S

Helpful thread, for squeak, squeal, chirp noise from V8 and OHV v6 engine compartment

I too have the squeaking noise under the hood in my 99 x 5.0. Will remove belt as suggested and see if it remains.
  14. S

Radio LED display fix!!!

Mine was the same and as previously posted. Do a search for the following ebay user name: biscaynekid http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3984Q2em1423Q2el2649QQitemZ170679005886QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT Shipped it out and had it back in no time. Works...
  15. S

Key off and actuator plugged, you must start the vehicle, the actuator moved to the specified position while it was in my hand. Drove all around yesterday and ac was blowing nice and cool. I think it nees to be recovered, vacuumed and filled. But it was cold.
  16. S

All Power locks will UNLOCK..but not lock? every door affected

update on mine: Pulled the seat out and looked at all the wires. nothing was crimped or looked out of place. So I pulled the panel off the door and started to look and mess around. Located the lock actuator and found that it was not attached to anything. Did not know where it was to be...
  17. S

Finally got the actuator in, had a bad battery and had to get it replaced. It is all in and working. So the conclusion was bad acutator. Yes the new actuator spun while it was in my hand. Plugged it all in and turned onthe key and the actuatoer automatically when to a set position without...
  18. S

Okay, picked up the actuator and could not wait to plug it in to see if it was the problem. Turned key on, AC off, plugged it in, turned on AC max, BINGO, she spun. Yeah. Bought a mirror to look at the blend door hinge to confirm it was not cracked and I am in business. Just need to put it...
  19. S

another update: Checked the continuity of the pins and tried to follow the other post regarding pin selection, yeah right LOL. Did my own. Since the other post stated that I should have had continunity on mutliple pins. I did my test as follows: Set actuator as it was on the plenum...
  20. S

Okay, update. Took the actuator apart and the clicking noise is because the small gear that transfers from horizontal to vertical, first gear from motor, has broken teeth. So, definatley need a new actuator or at least a gear. However, I did apply power to the motor and it spun in both...
  21. S

One would think its not rocket science. I did a sear on the part number, F87H-19E616-EB, and i found the following link regards to testing: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219925 But one would think that by adjsuting the temp cold/hot that it would turn. Rock Auto...
  22. S

Okay, I pulled the actuator off. Three screws what a pita, but go them out. Plugged the back in and move the temp control back and forth, the acutator did not move whatsoever, air was blowing cool and not hot. turned air off then back on then started blowing hot. Reached up on top of the...
  23. S

How to: 2nd Gen NO AC ( or heat) FROM VENTS!!! A "How to" what to look for thread

Only hot aire blowing from mine. Got cold air to blow the other day. Now I hear a clicking noise.
  24. S

I will try and see if the actuator is working. While driving I here a clicking noise. Could this be the actuator or the blend door? Thanks, Donnie
  25. S

All Power locks will UNLOCK..but not lock? every door affected

Sweet, Thanks will give it a try in the next few days.
Back