Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

"new" guy

Well I joined the forum almost 3 years ago now, but just started getting back on here recently doing some research for my newest purchase. I previously owned two 97 Explorers, and just traded in an 03 Explorer Sport Trac for a 2006 Explorer Limited. I have been a Ford person since I was...
  2. B

Looking to buy a 2006 Limited, but have questions after test drive.

Drove the Explorer today, drove for a good 25 minutes, typical interstate, stop and go, up some hills, drove like a dream. Going to buy tomorrow, they are asking $12 for it, which I'm sure to some people would feel its high, but I feel good paying that amount as most used cars in my area...
  3. B

After looking at it in their shop today it was discovered that when the detail person steam cleaned the engine bay the plugs got wet which was causing miss-fire. all 8 plugs were replaced with new ones. they drove it around for about 30 minutes to ensure the problem didn't come up again. No CEL...
  4. B

ahh, thanks for the info, thats why I came here to ask. I will wait to see what they figure out and then have then change plugs before I buy. Thanks again.
  5. B

That is what lead me to thinking a coil pack, I had an 05 Lincoln LS v8 that did the same thing and it ended up being 4 coil packs that were replaced( replaced under a TSB) as you mentioned, after I get a call about what they think is wrong, I'm going to have them replace the plugs and coil...
  6. B

A local dealership just got in a 2006 Limited, black in color, 1 owner 87k miles, loaded pretty well, documentation for all work done since new. They got it in last Tuesday, detailed it, and just got it on the lot Friday, I made it over today to test drive it. While on my test drive it drove...
  7. B

Speed signal connection

Im installing a DD in my '03 sport trac, and I need a speed signal for the GPS, where would I locate the proper wire to tap into? Thanks
  8. B

no control knob for power rear window

i did look at it, it had no knob there but the spot above where the label is at had a piece of tape similar to electrical tape covering up the tab that said up and down. the dealer didn't know anything about sport trac's so they were no help. I didn't get it tho, bought an '03
  9. B

2003 Sport Trac Stereo Question

its actually gonna be for an 03 I just bought.
  10. B

2003 Sport Trac Stereo Question

if you dont mind, could i get a copy of these as well please. Thanks
  11. B

that really sucks, I'm hoping to look at the truck tomorrow so i hope to find out for sure, i figured it had it since the back window is 3 pieces. thanks for the help...
  12. B

I did some searching and can't find anything, I'm looking at a 2002 ST, haven't had a chance to look at it in person just pics so far, but from the pictures i have seen, there is no knob the the right of the radio that would control the rear power window. am i missing something here, is there...
Back