Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Strange noises inside dash/engine bay caused by wind?

Mine has developed the same noise and I think have traced it down to a plastic nut that holds that shield under the drivers side. When tapped it made a very loud sound right behind the driver area. Upon edit, this stopped the noise. I am going to get under it next oil change and make sure they...
  2. B

Jack points?

There is a pinchweld spot in the front and one in the rear on each side
  3. B

Not a glowing report on the 2022 Ex.

Well...... I'm a grumpy 60-somthing curmudgeon, but I like our 2020 Explorer and have had no problems with it. I subscribed to CR before you were a smile on your dads face, and cancelled it. I don't trust them either, junior.
  4. B

Making Oil - I'll be Rich!

I know I should have checked it 15 mins after shut off hot, but I didn't. It was over the mark 15 mins after I ran it just long enough to check for leaks and fill the oil filter up. (cold)
  5. B

Making Oil - I'll be Rich!

I just changed the oil in mine last week and 5.2 quarts put mine over the full mark cold. Your assuming the dipstick is accurate.
  6. B

Door keypad not lighting/working

If you have been sitting long enough for the BLM to put the computer to sleep to conserve battery, it won't light up until you use the key fob again.
  7. B

Explorer XLT - Is this jerk/lunge common?

Do you have the lane keeper option on the Co-Pilot 360? If you don't stay in a very narrow lane, it will try to correct the car and jerk you back. I'd rather turn that off when I drive. I'm not that tight a driver.
  8. B

The 2.3L turbo engine in our 2021 XLT Let's dyno that bad boy

Actually my XLT has the paddle shifters, but I have never used them.
  9. B

The 2.3L turbo engine in our 2021 XLT Let's dyno that bad boy

I really don't have a dog in the race although I like my 2.3, BUT Ford and other manufacturers have underrated their motors on and off for years probably starting in the 60s. The little 2.3 in 2020 is 280 hp in the Lincoln 300 hp in the Explorer 330 in the Mustang. The V-6 3.5 is 375 in the Ford...
  10. B

Chip Shortage and Ford Production - "The Plot Thickens"

Nah, the railroad insurance just bought a bunch of trucks. At worst there will only be lost profit. They will make more.
  11. B

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

Of course it feels like its in a gear too high in eco mode. Go to standard mode. Its going to go to the highest gear it can and not lug the engine.
  12. B

Who is dissatisfied with the 2020 Ten-Speed Trans

I have a 2018 F150 XLT and a 2020 Explorer XLT and I'm not having any issues period =] sorry forgot to add F150 on my post
  13. B

Headlights randomly come on, no indiction on switch

Just got home from a long drive during the day yesterday and mine turned themselves on for no reason when I parked it. Alarm went off when I opened the door and I noticed the lights were staying on. Took me a minute to figure out what was going on. I always leave mine on auto also. Any idea why...
  14. B

2020 center console pet seat

What are you guys using to cover the center console and keep a small dog either between the front seats or in the back? thanks
  15. B

2020 Platinum Keyless entry pad does not work unless you have the key with you

If your battery is low after sitting, the computer turns the keypad off I believe.
  16. B

Solved Strut Cross bar info parts and install

Would like to know how the install goes and if you can tell a difference in how it drives. I put one on a Miata years ago and it stiffened it enough to tell but on an SUV not sure if it is worth it.
  17. B

Parking on a Hill with 1/4 tank

After seeing what condensation does in a gas tank, I never let any of mine get below 1/2 tank. I know that's not what you want to hear but that's the simple solution.
  18. B

Coupon Codes for Forum Members

New/old member here. Looking for the hood insulation for a 2020 Explorer xlt with the holding clips. Also a full set of tray style floor mats for the 7 passenger including the rear cargo. thanks Bryan
  19. B

05 Trac creaking popping noise

This is for those chasing a phantom creaking popping noise that for all the world, sounds like bad bushings or ball joints. I chased this noise for a month and was ready for new ball joints till I walked along side the car and discovered it was in the center. I guess the sound telegraphs in the...
  20. B

2003 Sport Trac Roof Water Leak

Mine leaked there and traced it to the 3rd tail light. be
  21. B

Harmonic balancer only a issue with 04"S I have a 01 Advise please need help asap

Its very easily damaged, so don't touch it. Just use a spray cleaner meant for throttle plates. One that wont damage the sensors. I take both sides of the air intake loose and spray through the screen to clean it. Upon edit, you may have done so already, check your plug wires. I reread your...
Back