Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2003 4wd banging when shifting gears after transmission replaced.

Would a bad ball joint on the passenger side likely be the problem?
  2. M

2003 4wd banging when shifting gears after transmission replaced.

I have a 2003 Sport Trac with a replaced transmission. When driving in 4wd high there is a loud bang that shakes the truck every time it upshifts and downshifts to all gears. Is this something programming related or mechanical? Thank you.
  3. M

Common Fixes for our Transmission Problems

After replacing a transmission and having trouble with the new one, the local auto parts yard called his most trusted transmission shop. Here is what he said is most commonly wrong with Sport Trac transmissions if you have flares and rpm issues, and the fluid is full and clean. 1...
  4. M

Transmission issue ? Help ?

"I'm going through a similar situation. I replaced the transmission two months ago, had it reprogrammed at a dealer, but when I first shift into drive it revs to about 2k and then catches and takes off hard, randomly shuts off overdrive, and I have a flare at 20mph, until it warms up then all...
  5. M

2001 sport trac tranny rebuild

I'm going through a similar situation. I replaced the transmission two months ago, had it reprogrammed at a dealer, but when I first shift into drive it revs to about 2k and then catches and takes off hard, randomly shuts off overdrive, and I have a flare at 20mph, until it warms up then all...
  6. M

What does the Transfer Case Control Module do? 2L547H417AB

I know it controls the 4wd high and low. What else does it do? Thanks.
  7. M

Replaced Transmission, do I need to reprogram the computer?

I don't know. They downloaded an update then reprogrammed. It seemed to work for two weeks, then the weather turned cold and these problems returned. Correct. 1 and 2 work. Drive will work if i put it in neutral and rev it up a few seconds. I would say the flare occurs when a shift is...
  8. M

The only problems with the new one is shifting into drive the tack rpms go to 2000 and then it will catch and take off hard, it also flares around 20mph until warmed up.
  9. M

The only code was before changing the transmission : PO734 Gear 4 Ratio Incorrect.
  10. M

Still need help. I took it to a Ford dealership a month ago and had it reprogrammed. It did improve but not fix the issues. Since I bought it 5 years ago the 4wd low never worked. My flares when first shifting into drive are worse the colder it gets. Could I need to replace the shift control...
  11. M

Okay thanks. I removed the positive and negative leads and touched those wires together.
  12. M

Are you saying drain the battery to reset the PCM?
  13. M

This does have a dipstick. The original did as well.
  14. M

I changed the transmission, flushed everything. It seems to work harder like it is in a lower gear. Also, when stopped and pulling out it intermittently will rev to 2k, I'll notice I'm not moving, then it catches and takes off hard. The boneyard which has a great reputation insists they...
  15. M

P0734 and P0735 What does it mean?

I am currently having the same problem with my 2003 Sport Trac. Did the Valve Body fix your problem? Thanks.
  16. M

Help! Transmission problem. I have to shift my automatic like a manual

It's throwing a code for "Gear 4 Ratio Incorrect." Changing the mass air flow sensor did not work, nor did disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes.
  17. M

174,000 miles. Changed fluid and filter about 2 months ago. No reverse. Drive only works if I'm up to 45 mph. The Over Drive Off light flashes constantly. 2003 Sport Trac
  18. M

I downshifted going down a hill, and could not get up the other side. I have to shift my automatic like a manual transmission from 1st > 2nd > D. I have no reverse. The dipstick is clean from any metal shavings. Is this electronic or mechanical? Thanks
  19. M

Help! All lights inside and outside stay on 1 minute

Thank you. My kids touched it.
  20. M

Help! All lights inside and outside stay on 1 minute

As of today all my interior and exterior lights are staying on for about 1 minute after removing the key from the ignition. Tail lights, parking lights, headlights, dome lights, radio, etc. Is this an electronic setting that has changed?
  21. M

03 ST rear doors will not open using inside handles

Okay. I wanted to make sure there was no special steps to return from childproof locks engaged. Like lift the outside handle while standing on your head drinking a v8 and humming Mary Had a Little Lamb while cycling between child locks engage to disengage. Or anything like that….
  22. M

03 ST rear doors will not open using inside handles

I see some confusing threads about an auto-lock feature, but nothing addresses my problem. The rear doors will not open from the inside using the inside handle. It is like the child safety locks are engaged, but they are not. It doesn't matter which position the safety switches are in...
  23. M

Mennitti's audio/subwoofer box build

I believe it ended up 1 1/2" shy on one side to get me where I needed to be.
  24. M

Mennitti's audio/subwoofer box build

Seats still fold down and the jack is still in place with a protective fiberglass divider for the amp's wiring.
Back