Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 92302expo

Persistent misfire

So I’ve had a persistent misfire for the last week, so I replaced the plugs nothing changed and swapped the wires and coil pack with the ones from my parts truck nothing changed so I did a compression test 1=190 2=195 3=180 4=160 5=185 6=190 all of which is in spec. I then read the codes...
  2. 92302expo

Speedometer gear help

Does anybody know of a 15 tooth speedo gear that will work in a first GEN? all the calculations I’ve done say I need a 15 tooth gear to correct my speedo. Stock setup was 6 tooth gear in t-case, 17 tooth on speedo cable, 3.27 axle gears and 29” tires I have since changed to 4.10 gears with 33’s...
  3. 92302expo

Wanted parking brake equalizer for 97 expo

Looking for one of these to make the parking brake work on the 2nd gen 8.8 going in my 1st gen.
  4. 92302expo

Urgent part request

I need the clutch pilot bearing sleeve it's the one on the right and I need it ASAP (before or on 3-7-15)it is the last part I need to finish my 5speed swap. I have checked several different RBV engine sizes and I have come to the conclusion that the 91-94 4.0 OHV is the only definent one to...
  5. 92302expo

Help finding part number

I have been tryin to find this part for the last couple of weeks and have had no luck. The part I am looking for is the sleeve that is pressed into the flywheel that then has the clutch pilot bearing pressed into it. If anyone has a part number or has one laying around I could buy it would be...
  6. 92302expo

Couple of 5 speed swap questions

After my auto took a dump again I've decided to swap in a 5 speed and i believe i have selected all the parts i need but i need to know if any kind of flywheel shim/spacer is needed and if my auto starter can be used? Thanks
  7. 92302expo

vacuum hose broke

After i got my trans in, i noticed this vac hose was broke off and for the life of me i can't find were it goes can someone please help me out? also i just can't wrap my head around the vac diagram
  8. 92302expo

front pump help

So I found a crack in the 2.9 bell housing on my "rebuilt" auto trans so I pulled it off and pulled the 4.0 bh then pulled the pumps off both to swap them and found that the new pump has 6mm bolt holes vs. the old with 8mm. So my question is can I use a drill press and enlarge the holes or do I...
  9. 92302expo

torque converter

I picked up a "rebuilt" trans and tc a couple weeks ago that came out of 88 b2 (2.9efi) and i was wondering if the tc would work with my 4.0? or do i need to get a new tc?
  10. 92302expo

bolts rounded off

For the last week I have been trying to pull the trans out of my x got everything out, but two of the bell housing bolts rounded off (top left one and the one to the left of it). I can't get any kind of grinder or anything like that up in there to cut the head off. What can I do to get these...
  11. 92302expo

It fits right?

I found this '88 b2 2.9l 5 speed with manual t-case and hubs for $500 what i am double checking is that the trans will bolt up to my 4.0 as is?
  12. 92302expo

driver window won't go down

I did something similar to the JB weld fix (used gorilla glue instead) on all 4 windows, now all work except for the drivers window, it'll go down about an inch and then stop, any suggestions on how to fix it?
  13. 92302expo

triton swap

Has any one done or thought about putting a 5.4 triton in a 1st gen x?
  14. 92302expo

help i can't move

so my x will get in gear but it won't move. my dad says its the torque converter but i talked to a friend of mine for a new muffler and he said it could be the cats any answers?
  15. 92302expo

mod ?'s

I'm wanting to know what the simplest engine swap is for my 92 explorer is and if you can take the gears out of the rearend and flip them put them back in then flip the rear axle so it can be under the leafs insted of on top?
Back