Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Traded in Explorer

We do not have sales tax in SC, it is only 300. We pay property tax and dealer is not reponsible for it. I had a 2007 F150 V6 bought it over christmas for $13900 and 10 months later traded in on Nissan Titan and dealer offred me $13500 for it. Reason being dealer had Titan sitting on lot for 8...
  2. K

Traded in Explorer

Hughcares, when you shop on last day of year and they have 2011 models left, you will be surprised what they will do to get rid of 2011.
  3. K

Traded in Explorer

Bluelion, i am a car guy too, wife is a SUV person. And I love the heated seats, ambient lighting, Nav etc. In 300, and also wanted one. Car i like 300 and SUVs i like Escalade.
  4. K

Traded in Explorer

Traded in my 2011 explorer for a new limited Chrysler 300. Why traded in the Explorer, 1) Poor gas mileage, i work away from home so it is a 400 miles round trip for me and explorers best mileage was 20.9 on highway and I drive very conservatively about 2 miles above the speed limit. 2) trans...
  5. K

change 2nd row bench to captain chair

Should be possible, plug and play.
  6. K

2012 explorer windshield noise

Will let you know once i get it fixed
  7. K

2012 explorer windshield noise

I took mine in this week, they said they have to ordervsome parts and thy are on back order, but service guy was very sure that parts need to be replaced.
  8. K

Explorer Transmission problem

Bluetooth works good, and yes, the hazard switch is sensitive.
  9. K

Ford Remote Start Accessory

Thanks nice DIY instructions.
  10. K

Fuel Gauge problems

Looks like need to be calibrated or something wrong with the float/ potentiometer in tank.
  11. K

weight limit for rear moon roof

Why don't you buy cross bars, then you don't have to worry they are around $130 bucks or so. And welcome to the forum.
  12. K

Outside rearview mirror...

If you are asking me, well I too have a base model.
  13. K

Removing stickers or de-badging

Use a hair dryer to warm it up and it should come loose.
  14. K

New Guy - 2012 Limited

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the explorer.
  15. K

Outside rearview mirror...

Razzle I would remove the interior cap and see how many wires are going to the connector, I am pretty sure it should be wired for heater and turn signals (but make sure). Also as far as bliss goes, I think it will be front bumper (That's where the sensors are), wiring, and probably programming...
  16. K

New with 2012 XLT

Congratulations & welcome to the forum.
  17. K

Which HID kit to buy?

I can't find very many 5000k kits, either 4300 or 6000 k. Also how about canbus vs non canbus, I think explorer is not canbus system?
  18. K

Which HID kit to buy?

I was looking to buy a HID kit for my 2011 explorer, I was looking at Philips 35W, 6000k kit. 1) But there are two types of them one for canbus and one for regular, which one do I need to buy? 2) Do I need a relay, if yes does it come with the kit? 3) does anyone here have a philips kit? 4)...
  19. K

Condensation in headlights?

Had this issue in my new F150, deale replaced the housings under warranty.
  20. K

Increased interior Wind Noise

Have slight wind noise onpassenger side, no rattle.
  21. K

My Woes

Last song still displaying, it does happen to me on my Edge because for some reason or other the ipod starts to index.
  22. K

Adding Fog Lights on Base Pre 2016 Model

Yes there is a sensor and you may need the wiring too, sensor sits in the middle of the dash (there is a cover there). Sensor is around $20. Also is the new headlight switch socket in the back different then the current one (without fogs)
Back