Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Need Help Installing New Stereo on 95 Explorer w/ JBL Premium Sound System

Didn't work. Whoever designed that sound system sucks. Impossible to mod anything on it. Ended up just installing my own system and it sounds 10x better than the JBL did...
  2. A

Interior Lighting Wiring Schematic

Does anyone happen to know where the group of wires in the roof harness run to? The previous owner had the lights/compass disabled by a mechanic, but I checked it out and all the wiring in the unit are intact, so I would like to have it operational.
  3. A

How many miles do you all have?

311k on my 1995 Ford Explorer Expedition Model (2 door). Still has the factory engine, but is on it's second transmission. Runs a lot better than you would expect a car that old to run.
  4. A

I looks like this would work, right? Here's my suggested solution. ( http://postimage.org/image/1lsurwa9w/ ) Splice the highlighted wires at the old CD changer, and run them up into the dash to the HU.
  5. A

I refuse to buy anything more. I've already spent more than I wanted to on this and the integration unit I bought for $50 was supposed to take care of all that, and it hasn't really done **** except save me 10 minutes of splicing the power wires... I think I am going to try accessing the speaker...
  6. A

Does this mean I have to run speaker wire from the dash to the amp, which is located in the very back of the car?
  7. A

Ah okay yes, I had stumbled across this schematic before and all the colors match for the "front control unit". According to this diagram though, neither of the harnesses contain any speaker wires...I figured that the 16-pin harness would contain these, but according to the schematic it's just...
  8. A

I'm trying to install a new $100 sony stereo hu on my 1995 Explorer Expedition model, but I have been running into endless problems since it has a JBL premium sound system installed in it. I have searched all over the web and through this forum looking for a correct wiring diagram to explain the...
Back