Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

O.K. guys, i'm in the middle of retro-fitting . . .

What holds the sides of the bumper up even/flush with the fender line? the braces that came withi t runs from inside the bumper to up inside the fenderwell somewhere. :crazy:
  2. E

O.K. guys, i'm in the middle of retro-fitting . . .

the '98 front bumper on to my 2K XLT. Would somebody post a picture of the brace/bracket that hold the outer sides of the bumper up. It mounts somewhere in front of the wheelwell. Me an' my son-n-law can't figure it out, we have the parts but jus' can't seem to see how they mount. One Of Those...
  3. E

Alex's 2001 explorer xlt registry

You guys know I gotta ask, Is that a Spruce Green Ex ? :shifty_ey :smoke: never mind, read your signature: Gold:cool:
  4. E

Any love for this V6 emblem?

I wish I can post the pic of it on here but, it's the one from 1975 FORD F-series Explorer p/u hoods. C&G Early Ford Parts has a nice picture of'em. :smoke: :cool:
  5. E

Anybody de-badge their liftgate? I was jus wonderin' whats behind them. alignment holes, is it concaved or what ? :dunno:
  6. E

New goodies came yesterday but ,

Yeah, I hear ya. I don't blame the shippers so much as do the employee, & the sender (an' or employee). I have had great experiences with shippers but, it seems when ya have a bad one like this everything is thrown out an' your jus' :fire: at them all ,lol. The biggest thing is we don't get to...
  7. E

:salute:More gooder? :salute:
  8. E

I could not accept delivery. 'specialy with over half the outer box gone, bubble wrap & shrink wrap shredded like a wolverine got a hold of it.:mad: Hell, the driver pulls up in a tractor trailer rig in front of my house an' i'm thinking I didn't order anything that big or that much.:scratch...
  9. E

I'm going to put XLT bedsde emblems from the 60s early 70s Ranger XLTs on mine. C&G Early Ford Parts has them. I already ordered a Exploer hood ornament, and planning on debadging the liftgate for something. :smoke::cool:
  10. E

Want to change my 2000 . .

I am going from the 'Black Ex's (2000 Lmtd., XLS or XLT) complete front bumper to the Gold EX's (looks most likely a'98 XLT) front bumper assbly. but without the plastic cap on top. :smoke: refer pics above :rolleyes:
  11. E

The Southwest Chit Chat thread..

It's not white is it ? We could shoot an updated version of Vanishing Point ! :smoke:
  12. E

I'm lookin' for asmuch Cnrome as poss. I don't plan on putting on the plastic top cap on the '98 Chrome bumper so more chrome will show, as , i'll use chrome bumper bolts to cover some holes and some chrome strips to hide the rest (across the front). :smoke: :biggthump
  13. E

The Southwest Chit Chat thread..

Guess i'll put this in here an' . . let it be sorted out later. I would jus' like to give a BIG Thank You to 'Serious Explorations ' Team for remembering me in well wishes yesterday. I do feel a coupla more dings this mornin' as my memory is abit cloudy but, that's what we got friend for...
  14. E

COOL , that's what I was hopeing to hear as I can,t crawl under the truck 'cause I dropped it 2.5 ". Thanx man, Mel' :smoke:
  15. E

BODY MODS (old skool style)

Depending on what color you paint it, some wide whites would look cool on it too. Yeah, I know all too well about emission laws. They put to rest a lot of good ideas/prjcts. :thumbdwn: And, yes I would call it a 'sedan delivery', kinda like the ol' Falcon couriers. :smoke: yeah?
  16. E

BODY MODS (old skool style)

What kinda wheels are those? They would look cool with a set of old Ford hubcaps & a set of beauty rings ? :smoke:
  17. E

Anybodt see green ones ?

So what color or # do I tell my painter? Ya know, i'm wonderin' if it really is a special order color or for Limiteds/Eddies or What ? Rare future Collectible Maybe? :rolleyes: Ha :smoke: Somebody find me a Nice '98 XLT 2wd I'll buy it . . . Rsnbly! :biggthump:thumbsup:
  18. E

Your right looks like i'll need to purchase a complete bumper assbly. as their quite diff. 'cept one bracket Thanx man :smoke:
  19. E

Parting Explorers, 98 5.0, 99 4.0, 99 5.0

Is the '98 a XLT w/ Chrome front bumper & Fogs. I'm in 90805, man :smoke: . . . Thanx
  20. E

XLT w/fogs Front bumper & cover to '98 Chrome bumper & valance w/fogs. What all do I need to save from the 2K to put on the '98 (brackets, braces etc.). Is there a exploded view (diagram) to compare the 2? The '98 looks so clean to me. If my 2K was Black I wouldn't trade as it blends in well...
  21. E

Finally Have Some Halo/projector Heaadlights, now . . .

:us: I have same ones 'cept I have the Chrome housings, i'll leave them as they for now 'till I take the front apart for the new billet grille an' '98 front bumper & valance. Any idea how hard to do the bumper trade ?
  22. E

After three days of dilly dallin' I fingered out my parking / signal light problem, turns out like the man said. . . 3157As are colored amber/ orange & burn amber/orange . . 3157s No A are Clear but burn amber/orange UNLES we buy the Silverstar Ultras which are clear and burn White, that's...
  23. E

These are Spyders which have a 1"X2 ' approx. ambr./ org. reflctr. on each far side, I might see the ambr./ org. glow there but not across the top, there is no rflctr., tint, or color, up there.
  24. E

I have two problems/questions . . . . 1. The original Park/Signal light bulbs were amber/orange coated, which were 3157As, I Beleive? But I don't want the Amber/orange glow. I went to local autoparts store (4 diff. ones in the long run) and bought 2 pairs of 3157s no A. Came home, installed...
  25. E

Comment by 'emrldnrgh' in media 'End_of_Summer_09_196'

This would be the color of mine if I had found one, Very Nice man. Thanx
Back