Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. jplinville

Looking for suggestions...

2006 Explorer XLT 4.0 I recently replaced the single disc MP3 playing HU during an upgrade. Below is my list of components... Kenwood DDX375BT Infinity KAPPA 682.11cf front door speakers Infinity Primus PR8602cf rear door speakers Powered Subwoofer...prototype version that was made and tested...
  2. jplinville

Need help on stereo system...

2006 XLT Explorer... I'm not looking to kill my ears here...just looking for a decent, strong sounding double din system that has BT and not going to break the bank. I wouldn't mind a touchscreen, but it's not necessary. I'm also going to swap out speakers, so if anyone can tell me the size...
  3. jplinville

Back in an Explorer

After owning a Jeep for the last year, and filing a Lemon Law claim, Jeep capitulated and decided to buy back my vehicle. I'm thankfful to be out of that POS. Anyway, I'm now the second owner of a 2006 Explorer XLT with 57K miles on the clock...6cyl version. I've driven it off and on for...
  4. jplinville

I found a replacement transmission

I just got back from a 9 hour round trip to pick up a replacement transmission. The replacement has less than 10k miles on a rebuild. After it was done, the guy's wife wrecked the X. It came out of a 96 XLT Explorer with the 4.0...a direct replacement. He paid a little over $2k to have...
  5. jplinville

1996 X...tranny options

My 1996 X with the 4.0 has developed a flare from 2-3, and the O/D light flashes. It still drives well, but it's bothersome, to say the least. I'm hunting a replacement tranny, and am wanting to know which year X's to look at as a donor. Any help would be great!!
  6. jplinville

Pre wired for optional accesories??

I have a 96 X. There are a few options that I'd like to have, but the vehicle didn't come with, such as the status computer, electronic climate control and controls for the climate and radio on the steering wheel. I know that Dodge, back in 96 at least, were pre wiring their vehicles for the...
  7. jplinville

Hel!! 96 Explorer with 4.0

I bought this vehicle in hopes of fixing it and using it this winter... The O/D light flashes and won't shift from 2-3 until I let off the gas. The O/D light stops flashing upon restart, and it drives fin until I reach highway speeds. What causes this? Thanks!
Back