Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Thanks to all those who posted very good info in this thread. Maybe my post will help someone out too. I looked around for a Ford ESP on my wife's 11 Explorer so I could make a decision before it hit 12,000 miles. I found there are a few dealers selling ESP's online at great rates. I...
  2. A

Sync Applink?

Any word if applink will be included in Q1 update?
  3. A

Extra / Spare Explorer Key

It is true you cannot self program a new fob unless you have two others functioning. I recommend buying a blank one somewhere other than the dealer and then taking it with your car to the dealer for programming. I had to do this when I bought my Mustang and it only came with one fob.
  4. A

Total Electrical shutdown

When it fails again, don't correct it yourself. Allow the technician to diagnose in a failed state. Inform him what fixes the problem temporarily. Good luck!
  5. A

MFT - Complete Rebuild- January

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/11/07/ford-bows-to-pressure-revamps-highly-criticized-infotainment-system/?test=faces Says customers will be mailed a flash drive to self install upgrade if they choose, I like that myself. Video on YouTube shows demo of 2013 Escape with new MFT and it...
  6. A

Sirius Services Issue

You do get 3 yr complimentary Sync Services but I recall it saying that you must renew it each year of those 3 years. Could this be your problem?
  7. A

MyFord Touch Upgrade Inbound

I read that this will be available for self install via Ford mailing MFT owners a flash drive containing upgrade files.
  8. A

Remote Start with Push Button Ignition

Same thing happened to me when I first got my Ex and I was showing off how cool it is to a friend, boy did I look foolish when it died! Owners manual covers this though and tells you that you have to push the start button in the car once you get in.
  9. A

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

I'll second this, I'd like to know the answers to the first 2 questions myself. Anyone? Thanks!
  10. A

Rear Bucket Seats? Pros & Cons

Agree with all that has been said and think that if you don't need the 7th seat, buckets are the way to go. They look nicer and are a better ride and you get the center console for storage (great for my kids mp3 players and DSI's). If you get buckets make sure you get the center console option...
  11. A

What's your status?

If I can confirm she can get her deposit refunded fully we are probably going to do just that.
  12. A

Another New Guy

Welcome and I can appreciate how you feel, I felt the same when I found this place. Keep in mind that despite what you read here about problems, not everyone has them. I have no problems with MFT, A pillar rattle, or rain noise with my 11 EX thus far. Good luck with your XLT!
  13. A

What's your status?

My sister in law is trying to join the X family but her salesman and dealer aren't helping her much. She ordered 6 weeks ago and that was it. Paid her deposit and has heard nothing. She has tried to get something, anything in the way of a status from her dealership the last couple of days but...
  14. A

MFT Wallpapers

Thanks Fordy!
  15. A

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

New module in today and so far so good. 5 visits but I got my orange light back!
  16. A

MFT Wallpapers

OK silly question, but when where do I see these images once I upload them. I uploaded and saved them under wallpaper but don't see it displayed anywhere except on the left of the wallpaper screen where you add/delete/save and its tiny.
  17. A

2.11 & Voice Control of Sirius

Funny going to 2.11 fixed my Sirius browsing and voice issues.
  18. A

Collision Warning System

No one is saying you're blowing smoke (sorry), I'm just quoting what the owners manual says. I don't see how or why it did it, but if you say so.
  19. A

Collision Warning System

Had to be acc slowing him down and collision warning alerting him simultaneously
  20. A

Collision Warning System

Read pg. 296 of the owners manual, the warning under collision warning system. Paraphrasing it says, "this system does not activate the brakes automatically. Failure to press the brake pedal may result in a collision." PG. 297 says the vehicle will not stop unless the driver presses the...
  21. A

Collision Warning System

No, it will not apply the brakes! It only preps them with a pre-charge and even if you apply light pressure it will apply full braking pressure to avoid collision instead of a normal proportionate response to brake pedal input.
  22. A

keyless

No you aren't. That's why you should use as many different numbers as possible on this, to make it more secure.
  23. A

collision warning system (which package?)

BLIS is seperate and different from ACC. Collision warning (frontal) is embedded in ACC not BLIS.
  24. A

MFT Wallpapers

Thank you so much! How about this one? I don't have Photoshop :(
Back