Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Replaced 2007 Mountaineer horn with Wolo Maxi Sound

The horn hadn't been working for a few weeks and knew it wasn't the clockspring or the fuse. Finally did it and was able to reuse the bracket for the new horns. The stock horn is a dual horn and one of the horns looked pretty close to the way it probably did in 2007 but the other was just a...
  2. B

ABS and Traction Control with Weak Horn: Related?

2007 Mountaineer awd premier v8 A few months ago, I started having the ABS/Traction Control/Wrench light issue that others have talked about here. It was intermittent -- only occasionally. At the same time, I noticed that sometimes when I locked the car, the horn sounded weak, like it was...
  3. B

OEM Trans cooler blocked by bumper cover?

I have a 2007 Mountaineer Premium V8 with the tow package. While replacing the radiator, I noticed that the stock trans cooler that comes with the tow package is almost completely behind the bumper cover. Only about 2.5 inches sticks up in the opening of the upper grille. It WOULD be exposed...
  4. B

2007 Mountaineer towing travel trailer

I'm planning to purchase a 2015 Jay Flight SLX 264BHW this week (link to trailer info). We got a really good deal on it and so we're upgrading from our popup. I had a few questions though and am looking for opinions and experience. Unloaded weight is 4425 dry hitch weight is 510...
Back