Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Solved Troubleshooting Transmissions

If your vehicle has quite a few miles on it when you change the filter and fluid you actually may have caused more problems then you fixed.
  2. X

Solved Troubleshooting Transmissions

To me it sounds like you may have broken the pump on the transmission. This can happen when changing the motor. The torque converter not being properly pushed in and when the motor and tranny were being bolted up could have cause you to brake the pump. I hope this helps some without hearing the...
  3. X

PDF Tranny Manuals

Nissan Manual Full Ok here try this link if i did it right it is the actual Nissan manual http://tinyurl.com/827wltu email me me at joeevinsjr@gmail.com if you have any questions about what its doing and how to fix it. I may or may not have the answer but can send you in the right...
  4. X

My 4R70W feels like it's in neutral even though it's in gear.

ty so much. yea i have an explorer and a few other cars now my wife wanted a bigger truck for the six kids. so expedition was the next step. but overdrive is out.
  5. X

ty i thought it might be something like that.
  6. X

i have a 2000 expedition with the 4r70w it will not go into od actually it does shift out of 3rd into od but no gear it goes like its in neutral i pulled the pan and valvebody only to find the direct clutch accumulator spring broke. also the filter wasn't attached it was laying in the bottom of...
  7. X

PDF Tranny Manuals

4r70w manual i need a manual for my 2000 expedition it has the 4r70w. alos any ideas what could cause just od to not work. when od is on it shifts out of 3rd into nothing but if i turn od off it drives fine just dont shift to od
  8. X

transmission problems with my 2000/01 explorer and my 02 expedition

ok now i rebuilt both the 4r44e from my 99 ranger 3.0 and also the 5r44e in my 2001 explorer sport 4.0 both drove fine at first then now it eems like it dont want to shift right and then eventually begins slipping the ranger first had no reverse and the explorer had no 4th. any idea why both...
  9. X

No reverse issue.

yes it was fine. i guess the valve body is next. is there one solenoid that works the reverse only. aznd does the reverse modulation valve also work manual low? now would it be a good idea to just go thru the valvebodt and maybe put in a shift kit or no?
  10. X

No reverse issue.

i have a 99 ford ranger i replaced the the reverse band and the o-rings on servo and gasket as well as the valve body gasket and still no reverse or manual low. what else could cause this
  11. X

PDF Tranny Manuals

it will work you need to leave it running for a few days he doesnt always have his computer on sometimes it may take a day or two depending on the speed of your internet
  12. X

yes i have changed fluid and filter on all three no difference in either of them
  13. X

PDF Tranny Manuals

the link is just for the parts catalog
  14. X

PDF Tranny Manuals

still cant them to download for the nissan or the ford explorer
  15. X

PDF Tranny Manuals

ty so how long does it normally take to download them thru utorrent
  16. X

PDF Tranny Manuals

AW55-50SN Transmission - Aisin Warner AW55-50SN (AF33-5) 5 Speed pdf file if possible please
  17. X

ok well i own 2 explorer a 2000 and 2001 my 01 skips 3rd gear and goes into od. my 2000 intermittently just goes into nuetral and wont move or acts like it is is in a high gear and wont move also my 02 expedition wont go into overdrive if i have overdrive on it goes to shift and then...
Back