Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. mr1mrwun

Who's in NJ? Where?

What's up guys. I'm selling my first gen if any one here is interested or knows somebody who would be pass it on. Good fixer-upper. Located in Essex county. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363462 Posting it up here before I put it on CL.
  2. mr1mrwun

Clutch Switch Questions

Anybody??????????
  3. mr1mrwun

Clutch Switch Questions

Anybody got any suggestions or should I just go and buy a new clutch switch????? Would like to know more about the clip more than the switch.
  4. mr1mrwun

First Generation Explorer Double DIN conversion

:thumbsup:Sweet job man!!!!:thumbsup: You did a great job on trimming the dash panel too!! Looks pro!! I know you had to trim the stock location above and below to get the opening big enough. My question is how and where did you support it?? Did you relocate the support beam?
  5. mr1mrwun

Clutch Switch Questions

BTW I'm not looking for any quick replies today cuz of the SUPER BOWL!!!!!! :chug:
  6. mr1mrwun

Clutch Switch Questions

After searching, research, and google, I've still have a an issue with my clutch switch. Since, at this point, the clutch switch is part of my no start problem with my current on going project (look in my sig). This is for a 91 XLT w/M5OD...... Since I haven't found a "complete"...
  7. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

Ok. Just got done checking my clutch switch and all is well. Tomorrow going to check my other connections....again. Just hope it doesn't rain all day
  8. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

@wood1 WOW you gave me a lot more than I expected!!!!! THANKS!! I think I found what I need. Bout to go and pull my clutch switch and DMM and get to testing!!!!
  9. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

yeah im checkin it out now thanks again
  10. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

PM sent!!
  11. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

Yeah I've been looking for a schematic/diagram to find out what/how it works. Found a few out there but none specifically for the whole clutch switch itself. I was planning on putting everything I've found so far for the clutch switch in a new post in Everything Under the Hood. I just need...
  12. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

Thanks for the encouragement!!! :thumbsup: for getting yours done on gravel!!!! I would be very further along if it wasn't for the weather and I had a job!!!!
  13. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

Update Well after a series of bad weather and other pressing matters I haven't been able to do alot to my truck except look at it and come on here and do research about my problems. I got kind of a steal of a deal the other day which helped solve my transportation issue. A pregnant female...
  14. mr1mrwun

Audio Help 91 exploder

Thought I saw this as a sticky somewhere...........might be wrong :dunno: Stereo wiring diagrams ARE HERE That tread has a couple of diagrams for the first gen stereos. A couple you might have to open a few in a new window and zoom in on it to see a little bit better. Hope it helps, and...
  15. mr1mrwun

Battery light on after installing new alternator

The correct setup for the big 3 goes like this: 1-From alternator to battery (+) >>Some people say to use a fuse inline. Some say it's not needed. I say safety never hurts. 2-Battery (-) to clean ground. 3-Engine block to clean ground. I'm not really sure if you meant to say he ran a wire...
  16. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

Thanks!!!! Thanks man! :thumbsup: This in no way has been easy for me but I'm hanging in there!!!! eBay helped save me ALOT of money during this whole process!!! Most of my parts that I replaced came from eBay!!! 9 times out of 10 its worth the wait, especially when part stores have to...
  17. mr1mrwun

2nd gen Sports and STs

Crutchfield.com under 'Outfit My Car' is usually a reliable source to find out what's there, what fits, might fit, and cool stuff to drool over. LOL!
  18. mr1mrwun

Sub output

You could do a "high level input" instead of using RCAs. Most amps come with the option and if using the amp strictly for subs you would have to switch the amp to LPF(Low Pass Filter). Also an option available on most amps. To use a high level input all you would have to do is run a set of...
  19. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

Ok, thanks. Yeah I'll have to ask around in different sections. I'm going to look into that All-Data too. Think I've heard of that somewhere before.
  20. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

Gman your help is appreciated. I'm just trying to get on the same page as you, and vice versa. I wish I had the pics to show what I'm seeing. The wires that run to either side of my trans comes straight off of the engine. There is no harness connectors at my firewall "hump" like what you have...
  21. mr1mrwun

Clutch won't engage

If it would have burst, it would have happened under HIGH pressure. Same token, you would have noticed that high pressure to. Don't think -25 deg Cel is close to the freezing point for DOT3 brake fluid. Idk might want to check, but I'm sure it's not close.
  22. mr1mrwun

Clutch won't engage

Check your clutch fluid reservoir. If its been a while (couple years) since the clutch has been changed or if ever to your knowledge, it could be low. If it's empty your going to have to bleed your clutch.
  23. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

Oh ok. That's a bit of a relief. I need to stop over thinking things!! Yeah I follow you on the passenger side for the o2 sensor. I'll have to check the driver side connections again. As well as the clutch switch. Have make sure thats working right. Took it off twice. But like I said the...
  24. mr1mrwun

Project Roadblock

WOW!?!?!? SMH!!!! Idk dont know if its because mine is a manual, a '91, or both, but the back of my engine harness looks nothing like that. Makes me wish I had taken more pics of everything I did. But thanks for the pics and the charts:thumbsup: Using your pic as a reference...
Back