Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Mr. Truckles

ENJOY! How was this still drivable!?

Hey guys! I found out that explorers are still driveable for at least 10,000 miles with HALF OF A RING GEAR. Who knew!?
  2. Mr. Truckles

8.8 IRS Question. Axle code 46.

Hello everyone, I've been running with a very messed up rear diff for awhile (loud, grinding, silver oil, etc) and I finally have the time to set it right. My ex is an '02 XLT which started out as a D4 3.73 Limited slip, but when I installed my locker I had to throw it all together to make it...
  3. Mr. Truckles

For Sale 1st Gen Sport Trac Front Hub Assembly.

Hello Everyone, I accidentally bought a sport trac hub assembly for my '02 XLT and kept it past the return period. The retail price is $92.99, but I would sell it for $30 to anyone who is interested. It is a Driveworks NT515003 and the ABS sensor is included. The box is a little beat up but the...
  4. Mr. Truckles

NJ Wharton State Forest Under Attack

Hello New Jersey Explorers, Without any warning or input from the community, most of the public access roads that have been used and enjoyed by us and our families for over a century have just been closed. This is currently affecting thousands of NJ citizens who can no longer utilize the...
  5. Mr. Truckles

Caution: Spare rim/tire with rear strut spacers

Hello everyone, I've been running 1.5" spacers on the rear of my '02 for a few years now with only the slightest axle shaft rub at full flex. However, after removing the full size spare on a stock steelie that I've been running for a bit, I noticed two points of interference between the spare...
  6. Mr. Truckles

Uniball Tapered pins (stud,spacer,exc)

Hey everyone. I dug around and didn't seem to find much on here yet so here's the question: What kind of pins has everyone been using in their BTF control arms? I know Brandon had his machinist make some in the past, but I'm curious as to what ever one else has done. Here are some examples...
  7. Mr. Truckles

Ideas for Center Console delete

Hey guys, has anyone here with a 3rd gen considered getting rid of the center console to free up some space? Other than the cup holders and power sockets I don't really use it much and it would be great to be able to get to the back and out the passenger side without climbing. After looking...
  8. Mr. Truckles

NJ 6/8/14 Mud in the Pines

Looks like a great time; anyone interested? It would be a good chance for the NJ explorers to get together and check out some great rigs. Or even enter! Info: New Egypt Speedway, June 8th. Classes from mild to wild. www.mudinthepines.comhas all class info needed. Competitor gates open at...
  9. Mr. Truckles

Has anyone put a bw13-54 t-case into a 3rd gen?

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone's decided to swap there 44-11s out for a 13-54? I'm asking because I'm having yet another problem with the electro-mag clutch in my current 44-11, and good 13-54s seem to be a dime a dozen on junkyard trucks with tranny problems around me. My main...
  10. Mr. Truckles

11th annual PINE BARRENS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLEANUP

Anyone in NJ up for a great day of 4 WHEELING!?!? Come and take part in the largest one-day volunteer event at Wharton State Forest in New Jersey. On Oct 28th 2012 at 9:00 AM the 11th annual PINE BARRENS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLEANUP will begin with a sign up at the Atsion Ranger stations [where...
  11. Mr. Truckles

Simple 3rd gen snorkel

After seeing the write ups for the all the 2nd gens out there and coming to the conclusion that I needed one on my 2002 XLT 4.0, I went for it! I didn't find any DIY 3rd gen snorkel threads so I decided to take a couple pictures during my mock up to help out anyone that might be interested. Feel...
  12. Mr. Truckles

New Idea for water crossings: wet switch

Hey everyone I have been thinking about this for awhile and I would like some opinions or suggestions. I am thinking about installing a "wet bug" or "wet switch" inside of my intake right after the filter that will open the ignition circuit to kill the engine if the slightest ammount of water...
  13. Mr. Truckles

Mr. Truckles- 97 Mountaineer NJ

Hey guys the name's Phil, My friend Shawn and I have been building up this 97 Mountaineer ever since his '01 sport met it watery fate. It's got the 5.0w v8 and and we were pleasantly surprised to find out it's a 97 "1/4" so it has the Gt-40p heads on it. 4.10 limited slip d2 axles We decided...
Back