Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Adding Navigation Later

Can Add Aftermarket Only Hi there… Just to be clear, first, the cars are all locked at the factory and they will not allow navigation to be unlocked afterwards… So you must get an aftermarket product installed on your car. I do not know where you are located, but go to any specialty auto...
  2. L

Adding Navigation Later

Thanks Peter, I knew that already from test driving the cars last yer before i bought. of interest if anyone did not know, the Base did not have Bluetooth last year.....so for me to hookup my phone to the car, I needed to upgrade. Unless they changed it this year, it's still the same. I...
  3. L

Adding Navigation Later

Funny, I didn't check the date....I got an email notice that there was a new post, and I simply clicked on the link. I just reply to the emails that come in for my favourite topic.
  4. L

Adding Navigation Later

There is another thread with this exact same topic and the answer is the same. Nav is set in the factory, cannot add ANY component once it leaves the factory as the system is locked, and no plans to enable features in the future. Stupid logic in my humble opinion....they could make a...
  5. L

Adding Navigation Later

Hi Nex..... I bought my car at Lincoln Heights Ford in Ottawa. I bought the car in July, and fought with them until October when I finally gave up. It's the same place that was charging me for repairs that my old Explorer DID NOT NEED.....I was spending over $2000 a year on repairs, when I...
  6. L

Adding Navigation Later

No after market upgrades possible Hey there....I bought a brand new 2011 Explorer XLT and was told by the Scheister at Lincoln Heights Ford in Ottawa that it could be done, he even sold me the SD card, but conveniently marked only the card on the contract. I have spoken to FORD several...
  7. L

Adding Navigation Later

Ford's Logic Totally Insane Hi again, thanks for confirming that NAV cannot be added later. As my title above states, FORD's logic on their computer system is INSANE. Why must NAV or anything else be hard coded at production? I did not have my car custom made, it was in the lot, so I...
  8. L

Adding Navigation Later

No After Market Navigation :CAN: Hi everyone. I bought my 2011 Explorer XLT in Ottawa ON, and ordered the Navigation after being told by the dealer that it could be added afterwards. Well, 3 weeks into my car, I get a call from the salesguy telling me that it CANNOT be installed after...
Back