Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Aftermarket wheels

Might consider tinting your headlights also, or at least the amber portion. Smooths out the look of the front end.
  2. C

Aftermarket wheels

Baddceo, Nice set up! Good choice of wheel/tire style & size! Lookin badass! You have Ex Sport tail lights installed or tinted your stock?
  3. C

Aftermarket wheels

Sorry for late response. No lowering springs installed yet.
  4. C

Headlight Amber Lens Tint

Thanks Steadfast! Was a pain to do but happy with overal result. The wheels are 22x8.5 Falken RT-7M w/ 265/40/22 Falken Ziex tires. Keep in mind this set up is not as wide as the stock 255/50/20 tire/wheel combo. I think I should have at least gone with a 285 width tire. But not sure if that...
  5. C

Aftermarket wheels

Falken Ziex 265/40/22
  6. C

Aftermarket wheels

Hey Mike! That's exactly the look I was going for with the Falken tires and rim combo.The offset is 35mm. Unfortunately, this wheel only comes in this offset size and bolt pattern. Would have been nice to have the wheels flushed to the fender. Still about an inch to cover the difference...
  7. C

Sorry for the glare but here are some quick pics I took of the modified headlights at night:
  8. C

Yes, I did use the self stick flexible led lights. Hopefully they don't go out on me anytime soon. Otherwise, gonna have to throw into the oven again!
  9. C

Complete! From this (actually the easiest part): To this: Was very labor intensive. Toughest part was baking several times to soften the seal around the edges of the headlight unit, prying open then cleaning the channel of the remaining OEM sealant. But overall happy with...
  10. C

Caliper Covers or Painting/Powder Coating

My bad, didn't realize I was talking to a Big Balller! I think I'll try powder coating you suggest.I'm sure that will really give me the stopping power I need for my slow ride!
  11. C

Love to help. Do u mean center of projector lens with flat area just below it?
  12. C

:eek: It's okay to be jealous! Maybe mama can buy you a set for Xmas!
  13. C

Took the plung and bought a set. Total came to $189 incl. free shipping from Carid.com. I used "vote10" coupon code for $10 discount
  14. C

I would definitely make them permanent after reinstalling everything. But the one pictured is a trial run. I purchased a used headlight and tested the tint spray. Sprayed it without doing proper prep work on the amber lens. I actually should sand and clean the lens before spraying. Also need to...
  15. C

Anyone here have experience with these MGP Caliper Covers? I was thinking they might add a little color and a sporty look to the Ex since my calipers do appear to look tiny behind my larger black rim/tire setup. They are kinda pricey for just covers ($230 set of 4)!
  16. C

Definitely 3". I'm gonna guess your inserting Halos, right?
  17. C

In the process of experimenting with the headlight. Tired of looking at the amber lens and really like the look of the headlights on the Galpin Ford Explorer so I decided to modify the lens myself since I can't find any aftermarket headlights. If sucessful, I will attempt to post the process. I...
  18. C

Hood Lettering

How bout waiting for 2013 Ex Sport hood badge? http://www.autoguide.com/gallery/d/538567-4/2013-Ford-Explorer-Sport-20.jpg
  19. C

iPhone 4 not connecting anymore

Unfortunately didn't work for me. Should I try pulling fuse no#29 for a hard reset?
  20. C

Max tire size - XLT

Plug in your OEM tire size and it can give you some ideas of tire sizes you can work with. http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp
  21. C

Aftermarket wheels

Lookin good evasilisin! That's some really low profile tires you got there. Just watch the pot holes. Bent rims are a pain in the ass! You gonna lower when springs become available?
  22. C

Aftermarket wheels

Actually I didn't transfer the old sensors. I purchased new ones. I bought the whole wheel/tire/sensor as a package from Discount Tire Direct. I thought it was alittle strange that I got no warning lights after the swap. No complaints here!
Back