1. 9

Third brake light

i would check ebay. local junk yards will probably have it for cheaper tho
  2. 9

need help, wont shift into park

no help yet???
  3. 9

need help, wont shift into park

so i recently broke my column shifter and had to replace it, well after dropping the steering wheel and replacing the shifter it wont shift into park or into my low gears. i only have reverse neutral and drive. it is litterally only about 1/4 inch from shifting into park. I am just stumped on...
  4. 9

shifting issues please help

so heres how it goes. it can drive 20 miles down the road with no problems one day and then the next day it will be in and out of gears. it seems to start after i get up to speed and completely let off the gas. i have tried fixing it but i have tried so many things and no luck. i have replaced...
  5. 9

where is the MLPS on a 4r70w?

that is awesome! those r some pretty clear pics. was it very hard to change the mlps? it looks like it would be easy. is there a way to test it with a multimeter to see if it is good or bad?? thanks again for the pics
  6. 9

where is the MLPS on a 4r70w?

Just tryin to get my truck drivable again. im thinkin it could be a faulty manual lever position senser. i just dont know where it is located. any help would be great. a pic would be even better! lol
  7. 9

headlights turn on but no taillights, license plate light, or dash lights

i checked all my fuses and they r all good. from what i found on google it seems to be pretty common that its a bad headlamp switch. now heres my question, my car has cruise control on that same switch however i can buy a new switch without cruise control for $40 less. i never use cruise control...
  8. 9

need help locating bank 1 senser 3

well my scanner pulled codes p0141 p0143 and p0153 and when i googled those codes thats what came up. it seemed odd to me as well bc i didnt think an exhaust would need 3 sensors. im just tryin to get this got-dang explorer fixed so i can drive it. i looked at all the sensers i could find and...
  9. 9

need help locating bank 1 senser 3

ive tried lookin on the forums for where it would be. i know its somewhere on the exhaust but its been non stop freezing rain and i dont have a garage and dont wanna spend any more time in the rain than i have to. so if anyone could jst give me an idea where bank 1 sensor 3 is. my truck is a 97...
  10. 9

Using the 4WD feature on dry pavement...

y would u drive in 4wd on dry pavement? sounds like a waste of gas and hard times for ur truck. is it broke or stuck in 4wd? tire size is key. they must be the exact same size on dry pavement to prevent damage
  11. 9

shifting problems....need help from the guru's

well heres how it goes. it will run and drive great for about the for 5 miles and then it will just start shifting hard and erratically and also downshifting hard. so i changed the transmission filter, new trans fluid, and transmedic (helps with slipping and hard shifting) still having the same...
  12. 9

IAC replacement???

i would also check ur plug wires and make sure they r all snapped on tightly. i have a mustang that threw a plug wire off all the time. have u took a good look underneath? might not hurt.
  13. 9

Ny V8 is leaking gas - can you tell what this part is?

did u put ur plugs back on in the right order? maybe u got the wrong plugs? its hard to say but it seems like either something u did while changing the plugs and wires or u got faulty plugs or wires straight from the factory which it does happen. i would return them all and getdifferent ones.
  14. 9

blue RTV or gasket??

just curious as to who prefer gaskets to blue RTV. they both have their benefits and their flaws. just curious as to what people think of each or past experiences with either or.
  15. 9

Low brake fluid

i would start it up and have someone hold the pedal to the floor and press as hard as they can as u inspect to see if there is a small leak. small leaks turn to big ones quick!
  16. 9

Ny V8 is leaking gas - can you tell what this part is?

sounds more like water in ur gas and the water is not being burned (obviously) and exits via tailpipe. ive never seen straight gas come through an exhaust.
  17. 9

IAC replacement???

what kind of rough idle is it? persistant miss? unsteady idling? knocking? i would check the basics, like the filter, plugs and wires, check oil too.
  18. 9

Hub or Brake squeal

either way ur best bet is to just jack up the front end and wiggle ur tires, if they wiggle then its ur bearing, if they dont wiggle removee the tire and u can easily see if u need new pads. u just wont know until u look at it
  19. 9

Hub or Brake squeal

if ur pads r worn then the sound will get worse as the brakes r applied. thats common sense to me. gotta be the bearing
  20. 9

gonna change trans filter, any advice??

i thought i would need more than just one quart. it was just an extra that i had got a while ago. as for my gasket, the filter i bought came with a gasket, i was just wondering if people prefer the blue rtv over the gasket. i never used rtv on a trans pan. only small things like thermostats and...
  21. 9

Hub or Brake squeal

i wouldnt be surprised if its ur wheel bearing. ur hub just holds everything together and a squeal would either be the bearing or the brake pads. but when u say it goes away when u hit the brakes then it doesnt sound like brake pads to me. i would jack it up, and wiggle the tire to see if there...
  22. 9

gonna change trans filter, any advice??

so i think my exploder needs a new transmission filter. i got the filter and gasket and just wanna see if yall have some tips for me. its a 97 eddie bauer with the 5.0 awd auto trans. i know the basics like not tightening too tight, cleaning the magnet, remove every other bolt. just wanna know...
  23. 9

94 grand am makes grinding noise and can hear a popping noise from left front tire

well recently my car has been making a grinding noise coming from my driver side front tire. i was thinking it was the shock but the shock is still nice and firm, i changed the brake pads about 600 miles ago. everything looks fine but i cant tell what is causing the noise. if i drive 5 mph u can...
  24. 9

need help QUICK, truck stalls from park to drive

well it was driving fine on my way to work and then coming home from work it started acting up. it wont shift sometimes in any gear. sometime it will act like its just the front wheels spinning and not the rear. sometimes it will shift when i let off the gas but not always. sometimes it shifts...
Back