Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

help!!! all i did was change brake pads

will try this thankyou . have built tons of late model mustangs and i have never encountered this ...its crazy
  2. J

help!!! all i did was change brake pads

i put new brake pads on today and now after 18 yrs working on cars i got a problem i cant figure out. OK. put new pads on blead brakes normal stuff. put it back together and started for a test drive. now whenever i turn my steering wheel right or left the truck shudders badly. still runs fine...
  3. J

98FordX24's X

looks good sir
  4. J

2000 Explorer ride

i lowererd my 2000 ex limited a little not slammed or anything and bought plain old monroe shocks from aap and it rides really good. surprised me. just a cheap quick fix. if the torsion bars are to high in front it will ride rough also
  5. J

What air dam is this (pic)?

i had one on my 87 ranger w 351 it came from stillen autosports
  6. J

Blacking out tail lights?

i did mine with the vht and they look great. BEWARE! the more you spray the darker it gets...it takes several minutes of dry time for them to completely darken so you may want to do 2 coats let dry then try another.
  7. J

need the name of the tuner near birmingham

thankyou i appreciate it
  8. J

need the name of the tuner near birmingham

i am need of the name and number of the tuner who works with explorers in or near birmingham..maybe heflin not sure. any help would be appreciated. thanks:us:
  9. J

Scott B.'s V8 Ranger Conversion

no need to shoe horn. ive put a 351 in a 87 model ranger and a 302 with all air cruise and whole 9 yards in a 94 splash. its all straight forward. only real mods are you have to use a external electric fan that pulls air in. wont fit in engine compartment and you can use the factory manifolds...
  10. J

svt explorer tremor concept

would like to see the rear gate also. after reading the motortrend article again it says the reargate had a different angle than normal. everything about this ex scream we want it. this may have been a miscalculation on fords part. i wonder if motortrend would have more pics of this they could...
  11. J

where that vehicle is now is a great question
  12. J

i wish i could find pics of the rear end setup as it seems to me that all the parts to build this bad boy are out there. just figure it out. my question is this how did they route thw exhuast. it comes out both sides. also curous since the new 5.0 is being fit into the fox cars and the 4.6 was...
  13. J

now i found some post on this website. very few though. how do i post pics i will put them on
  14. J

heres some more From the February, 1997 issue of Motor Trend By Jack Keebler | Photos Karl Rossman | Not since the voodoo-dancin', fire-breathin' GMC Typhoon has an automaker created a compact sport/utility vehicle with the performance of the Ford Tremor...
  15. J

this appears to be 96-01 range
  16. J

i have been working on my own svt explorer the way i thought they would make it. after months of looking around i found this just now..... SVT Tremor Concept Introduced: NAIAS 1998 Press Ford Tremor concept brings exciting new performance to sport utility vehicles The Ford Tremor breaks...
  17. J

Saleen spoiler......

have you worked on making these yet if its going to be a while i may do what the gentleman on cobraxp.com did and make one from a kia sedona spoiler. he even has pages showing how to make it work. let me know...gotta have a spoiler :salute:
  18. J

wheel adapters?

just finished lowering my 2000 ex and i must say may be the single best mod yet. rides and drives great handles much better with a lot less body roll. anyway to my question. i was told that the only way to get my 2nd gen lightning wheels to fit was to buy adapters. i have heard that they do make...
  19. J

5.0l mustang headers

my dad and i put a 351 windsor in a 87 ranger. it was all done very nicely not slapped together. we used the factory 302 headers off of a 91 5 liter mustang by cutting the number 1 primary on the drivers side and rerouting it around the steering arm. it worked rather nicely for many years. now i...
  20. J

HELP ME PLEASE!!crappy door handle? or internal door problem need help NOW!!!!

i was surprised to find out that after i installed another one that i would try to use white lithium grease from the spray can and whalah.... works as good as new! thanks for the help guys. white lithium grease wow who knew
  21. J

cmon guy surely one of you know something. i watched the a1 guy on how to fix handle but doesnt say anything about my problem
  22. J

my drivers outside door handle started becominc hard to pull up about a month ago,would pull easy at first then at the top of your pull where it would actually pop door open you had to pull harder. i knew i hadto be careful be cause it would break and alas it did.since then i have put 3 more on...
  23. J

after market exhaust screwed it all up!

now if i could figure out why my transmission is so unpredictable, changes different everyday, and some days i can slow all the way down to 30mph and its still in od. if i hit the od butten it will switch out and rpms will come up to around 2000rpm and not drive sloth like at 1100rpm
  24. J

after market exhaust screwed it all up!

yeah oddly enough everything picked up and started to run like normal. fuel mileage went back up and around 600 miles into the exhaust change its power has picked back up down low. gets to 70 real quick and has a better power curve to get there. highway cruising from 65- uhh--hum {80} excuse me...
  25. J

Has anyone got the Cargo Security Shade?

oh ok you all have a newer ex than me......tha is kind of ....well..... not as good as mine. dont think i would like that one. sorry for intruding
Back