Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

help!!! all i did was change brake pads

i put new brake pads on today and now after 18 yrs working on cars i got a problem i cant figure out. OK. put new pads on blead brakes normal stuff. put it back together and started for a test drive. now whenever i turn my steering wheel right or left the truck shudders badly. still runs fine...
  2. J

need the name of the tuner near birmingham

i am need of the name and number of the tuner who works with explorers in or near birmingham..maybe heflin not sure. any help would be appreciated. thanks:us:
  3. J

svt explorer tremor concept

i have been working on my own svt explorer the way i thought they would make it. after months of looking around i found this just now..... SVT Tremor Concept Introduced: NAIAS 1998 Press Ford Tremor concept brings exciting new performance to sport utility vehicles The Ford Tremor breaks...
  4. J

wheel adapters?

just finished lowering my 2000 ex and i must say may be the single best mod yet. rides and drives great handles much better with a lot less body roll. anyway to my question. i was told that the only way to get my 2nd gen lightning wheels to fit was to buy adapters. i have heard that they do make...
  5. J

HELP ME PLEASE!!crappy door handle? or internal door problem need help NOW!!!!

my drivers outside door handle started becominc hard to pull up about a month ago,would pull easy at first then at the top of your pull where it would actually pop door open you had to pull harder. i knew i hadto be careful be cause it would break and alas it did.since then i have put 3 more on...
  6. J

after market exhaust screwed it all up!

:thumbdwn:went yesterday to have exhaust put on at my local guy. he asked me what do you want and i said the same thing you put on my 98 gt. he ****ed his head and said cant do the same" BUT I WILL GET YOU CLOSE"........WRONG ! going to tell you what he did and the end result so you guys DONT do...
  7. J

anyone have 10.5 inch cobra r's on their rig

just curious if anyone out there has the 10.5 inch cobra r's or any other 10.5 inch wheel on their explore or ranger? i have a 2000 explorer limited w what seems to be the extra wide fender and quarter trim and i want wheels that will be flush with the factory fender flares. my ex is a 2wd and...
  8. J

oh crap no brakes!

brakes almost bottem out and sounds like its sucking air at the booster/master cylinder area whats the deal? it falls abit then theres brakes. not like when there is air in the lines but like its sucking it in:confused:
  9. J

rear gears 2000 ex

i have a 2000ex limited does anyone know my rear gear ratio? it is a v8 2wd
  10. J

ha!found a better cai jlt will work!

i had a left over jlt cold air off my wrecked 98 gt. i cut a 1/2 inch off the straight end and it fit perfectly. now i have a 70mm tb and a 4inch cold air.been running it a week working great massive torque and power change in the seat of the pants. will post pics later. thought all would like...
  11. J

all right guys its time.....

i need pics, good pics, great pics, whatever we new guys need to see the pics of lowered explorers with specs. i have noticed that when i see a great looking ex on here like tas98xlt's bad @$$ ride i cant find any specs on it or even how he lowered it what problems he encountered or what he...
  12. J

max wheel width please help

i am going to lower my 2000 explorer limited 2inches in front and about the same in the rear. my qeustion is how wide of wheel will i need to make wheel flush with quarter panel. actually since the limited has the fender flares like the eddie bauers have i want it close to flush there. i was...
  13. J

Which transmission do I have?

i have a 2000 5.0 ex limited 2wd does anyone know what trans i have and if so what can i do to make it better. planning my own svt explorer build any performance help would be appreciatted.:thumbsup:
Back