Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Compatible transmissions for 91 explorer 4wd?

I tried searching the forums but cant find any list that shows which vehicles and years have the same trans as my 91 explorer 4x4, i believe its the A4LD, i'm getting ready to head to pick and pull this weekend and wanted to know where i could look. I believe the Aerostar, Bronco II, and Ranger...
  2. S

Automatic trans wont go into any gear :(

if the torque converter was broken would the trans fluid still have pressure?
  3. S

checked the pressure and it seems to be fine, the wire i was talking about seems to be a ground coming off the battery so i dont think that has anything to do with it...almost done dropping the tranny now but dont really know what i'm looking for at this point lol
  4. S

ok, it is up on ramps in the front so thats a little bit of a relief lol...If replacing the filter and fluid doesnt do the job the auto dismantlers here will let a trans go for $85 bux..I'm just debating on whether or not to take the chance to rebuild the tranny myself since the kits on ebay are...
  5. S

Alright, well i took off the trans pan today and replaced the filter, i found a substantial amount of metal dust/paste on the magnet in the trans pan and one very thin metal shaving about 1/2 inch long, and the filter didnt look like itd ever been changed so i'm hoping that was the problem...
  6. S

Hey guys, VERY GLAD i found your forums :) , I could really use some input here as i really dont know much about transmissions..I have a 91 ford explorer automatic that i just bought (just couldnt pass the deal up) I bought it knowing that when you put it into ANY gear it wouldnt go anywhere...
Back