Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Hitch vs roof?

i needed the adapter because my hitch is 1 1/4" but the cargo rack i got was for 2". i havent gotten a 2" hitch yet, but the adapter was only 20$ at advance auto. as far as mpg loss with the roof i would say it might be a pretty big loss, depending on how far you are going. i strapped a...
  2. G

Hitch vs roof?

i live and delaware and just recently took my explorer on a road trip to florida. seeing as though mine sits 7 people we figured it would work perfect for the trip even though there was 5 of us going. i had the same problem as you, do i put alot of luggage on top and have it eat away at my...
  3. G

Cortney's 2004 XLT Explorer

great views, how do you like those rotors?
  4. G

Need help with stereo install

hey, i would say check out the jvc kwnt3hdt. i have it in my 07 and it works great. it has a removable face so you dont have to worry about that. plus it has gps. if you have questions about it or want pics let me know.
  5. G

DVD player to work with truck in motion

oh, im not sure about the factory one, i only know what i had to do with my aftermarket one
  6. G

DVD player to work with truck in motion

are you using a factory head unit?
  7. G

How To remove and paint your front grille

i finally painted my grill black, wow what a difference. it completely changes the whole look.
  8. G

Time to trade up

ok, i hear you on not having too much control, my exp has 4x4 and it stays in 4x4 auto so as soon as the back starts to slip the front engages which is no fun in my opinion but i still wouldnt trade it. but when i get some more money i might buy an older 4x4 that doesnt do that
  9. G

Factory Audiophile, would like to to to Nav

i was looking into adding a factory nav unit into my 07 exp, after looking and not being able to find one for good price (under 900), i ended up getting a jvc kwnt3hdt, i got it for 500 installed and it came with a gps antenna, and bluetooth, hd radio, and traffic updates for life, plus a...
  10. G

Time to trade up

advance trac with rsc equipped explorers have gyros built into the vehicle, so if it senses that the body is rolling too much and might tip over it will start breaking the wheels and throttle the engine back to help correct the problem. thats from what i understand about it. you can disable...
  11. G

Time to trade up

in your other post you mentioned a 2005 explorer sport trac, that is a eplorer with a open bed on the back instead of closed with a lift gate. sorry if i misunderstood.
  12. G

Time to trade up

i have a 2007 xlt 4x4 v6. i bought it used last year for just over 10k, it had 100k miles on it when i got it and it has been running strong ever since. 1 owner with all the service history so i didnt mind the miles. granted its my first explorer but i love it. my dad has a 2000 explorer and...
  13. G

HOW-TO: 2006 V8 4WD Front Rotor/Pad Change

i can understand you replacing the rotors because of the rust, but why did you go back to standard rotors? will those drilled rotors still rust like that if you drove it often?
  14. G

How To remove and paint your front grille

on my 07 there is 3 bolts, i cant remember the size though. 2 bolts are on top of the headlight, the third one was on the bottom between the bumper/grill and the light. you can get to it from under the hood but will need an extension, but you dont need to take that bolt all the way out just...
  15. G

Cortney's 2004 XLT Explorer

great looking explorer, nice job with it.
  16. G

tire pressure on beach?

nice explorer feared, i looked at your registry but it doesnt say what size they are or i just missed it. judging from the pictures they should be fine. but take into consideration if you have a wider tire it will give it a bigger foot print in the sand, which means it distributes the weight...
  17. G

tire pressure on beach?

thanks, it was dirty when the pic was taken but it looks alot better after i detail it. yeah if you get lost in de then you shouldnt be driving. i've been looking for places to really get it dirty but only found 1 place and i had to pull my bro in law out of a mud hole there, he has a new ram...
  18. G

tire pressure on beach?

nice pic sedition, i use just regular street tires, although i will be buying all terrains soon. delexplorer, i go out there early and drive up and down "looking for a place to fish" so the beach ive been to has 3 entrances, i'll drive in the first one and drive to the last one on the beach...
  19. G

tire pressure on beach?

only beach i've been to so far is just south of dewey, do you have a surf fishing permit?
  20. G

tire pressure on beach?

i drive my 2007 xlt 4x4 on the beach just about every weekend here in delaware, the first time i ever went onto the sand i didnt air them down(37psi) just so i could see how it did. it was cold out so the sand was hard and it did ok, only got stuck making a tight turn and driving up a hill to...
  21. G

Stupid is as stupid does..................

i figured i'd change the oil in my first car, it was a 90 thunderbird. i asked a friend for some help. drove it up some ramps, i got under it to take the drain plug out, it was so tight i couldnt get it. my friend tried and he couldnt get it, he went to go get a longer ratchet and i figured...
  22. G

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

zapv# 355 : George : Delaware : i work for brown so i guess my specialty would be, Logistics? but i do have mechanical background as well. : 2007 xlt 4x4, future mods will be new tires soon, grille guard, off road lights, and anything else i can think of
  23. G

07 XLT interior info needed - buying Tomorrow

hey, i have an xlt 2007 4x4, i can post up some pics if you have any questions. as far as the overhead console goes, mine has a sunroof so it might be smaller then one with out a sunroof. but let me know and i'll still take a pic so you can see it
Back