Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Headlight Amber Lens Tint

Just so you guys know, the self adhesive stick on led lights tend to dim a little after 6/months or so of use (but yours seem like they are different b/c of the spacing). Mine where on the outside of light housing unit but non the less they dimmed after time. I'm about to replace them with the...
  2. M

Hood Lettering

Balexmedina, Thanks for sharing all the info with us. I like yours but would also prefer a slightly more compacted spacing.
  3. M

Need Headlight Removal Help

I think I bought them from V-LEDs, 6k. They look good but one side has a hotspot and I've been too lazy to try to fix it. Hotspot= a spot (dime size?) that's really bright compared to the rest of the light Ibn Najd: Thanks :thumbsup:
  4. M

DMB Graphics: Ford Gel Badges

@JanChristian: Where did you get those from. And do you think they look good or have had any issues with them such as coverage of the blue? From the picture it looks exactly like what I wanted for mine. @cnsheets: Does it make your emblems stick out from the car because of the increase...
  5. M

DMB Graphics: Ford Gel Badges

Very cool, thanks for the link. I think I'm going to be in for a set soon
  6. M

My fix for the power 3rd row seat switch

where did you get the first switch at? (the black one)
  7. M

Plan on chrome finishing the bumper protector

I'll go clear when I get it done. Like the clear 3m bumper protector. It would be the toughest or thickest thing around but I don't have any +100lb dogs.
  8. M

Hood Lettering

Okay so here are the pictures from the ford dealer selling the "sport package" In-Channel side vents Thoughts? Not sure if I like it or it looks cheesy... Do these look like standard lettering from the online dealers? Unlike the SEMA lettering which looks like it's a different font...
  9. M

Blacking out or darkening Ford emblem

I can't stand the emblem. It's an obnoxious huge blue emblem. I would like to make it something more sleek that actually compliments the car instead of distracting from it. Like emblems from Lexus, Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Hyundai, etc...
  10. M

When to wax

Now that I think of it, I have some swirls there too. I think the dealer probably did them when they washed the car after I brought it in for a service... sob. looks like I'll be getting some Meguiars Scratch-X :thumbsup:
  11. M

Hood Lettering

Thanks GregV8. I had to make several calls but finally am now waiting for someone to email me some pictures of the package you told us about. Hopefully we will be able to get some good ideas from this and the pricing. They only do it locally up there in NY unfortunately but (Ralph) said they...
  12. M

When to wax

I waxed a couple weeks after I got it. It definitely needed to be clayed also even though I'd driven only a couple times (it's my sunday car and is always in garage) This is what I did: 1. Clayed (test if paint needs this by sliding your hand across to see if it's perfectly smooth. If not...
  13. M

Hood Lettering

Do you know how to contact Casey?
  14. M

New Rims

haha
  15. M

test results of v-leds plug and play HID kit

It's a screw adjustment that is on the top part of the headlight. It's like a little recessed hole. You can find the adjustment instructions in the manual.
  16. M

nerf bars color

I think the hardware packs are all like that bc my replacement pack was the same. Since I had so many large washers I used only those on my install and no small ones. The large ones fit better and are stronger.
  17. M

New Rims

Im getting min 22s when the time comes. But maybe 23 or 24. I've only priced 22s though. It'll be a while til I get mine unfortunately. I just don't want the large rims too look to ghetto fabulous
  18. M

Hood Lettering

@ Joe Dirt: Thanks, those are nice but too small for the hood. It'd work on the door if someone wanted to place them there I suppose. @ SJR033: I'll definitely take a look, thanks for the tip @ RandyH2: I emailed CGS Motor Sports about the lettering on the Hood and the Type of Rims they...
  19. M

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

In case anyone wants to see what 3rd row dome light looks like apart The larger yellow Led on right is the actual light, the left one is the button light
  20. M

nerf bars color

The right side is the front of the car. Pictures was taken on passenger side This is what the bubble looks like w/ a 48" level sitting on it. It's close but not perfect. Both sides are identical. Both front and rear of the bars are in their lowest positions so I could raise the front if I...
  21. M

Need Headlight Removal Help

I checked my bumper and they seem to be an exact match in the shade as well as the in the sun. @Spengracin
  22. M

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Hey Sgt, Do you think you could try to get the part # for the light in the rear hatch you took a picture of? I asked today at the parts dept and they said they couldn't find it even for the interceptor models. The asked me to get a Vin# of a car that has one and maybe he would be able to...
Back