Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Rear Windshield wiper fluid- IN CABIN

Yes, you read that right, when we turn on the wiper to clean the rear windshield, the liquid leaks through the headliner on the inside of the car!!! Taking it in to the dealer tomorrow!!
  2. K

Lemon Law

Tampa- What are they offering now in arbitration?
  3. K

Lemon Law

I opened a Lemon Law case with BBB, my Explorer has been in the shop over 30 days and still to this day has issues. They have replaced the APIM multiple times after this last update that came out in March. Now the phone dials but no sound...people think Im calling them over and over again and...
  4. K

Has Ford Released any PCM Upgrades for Slow Downshifts and Drive BY Wire Improvements

I was told there is a recall on the PCM, to stop overheating. Mine is beign replaced tomorrow. Apparently the dealers are just now learning about this recall.
  5. K

Which buttons light up?

I finally saw the MyTemp button light up (its blue).
  6. K

Stupidest change in v3?

Whats annoying is that when you have the ipod plugged in and playing, and turn up the volume, the volume bars write over the song title in the bottom corner....the programmers couldnt figure out a better way?
  7. K

Sync dead?

According to my regional customer service rep--Im supposed to drive around with the phone unpaired so see if I have issues, if I still have issues, they might try to fix it again, if I pair the phone and have issues, its my problem!! :eek: Apparently Ford doesnt think the phone issue qualifies...
  8. K

Is there a new MFT update newer than April 5?

If you still have problems, the next thing they do is replace the APIM....AGAIN. APIM is the module they replace after they try to update it over and over and over again and it still doesnt work.
  9. K

Ugh... Seriously?!? Piss Poor Memory Management in New MFT

My APIM Was replaced, thats just what the dealers are being told because they dont know what to do to fix it. Now, Im told that I should drive my car around without my phone paired because even though my phone is on the list of compatible, its really not....I told them that was ridiculous, and...
  10. K

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

The new APIM doesnt help either, I got one and still having problems...
  11. K

Think Twice - Close to having a Lemon

Ott23- Yes mine has been in the shop 29 days since July 31st purchase date...one more day and it qualifies for LEMON in CA. I have also had the sync repaired 5 times...so I have opened my case with BBB because Ford customer service is unwilling to buy it back. Apparently FORD said that sync...
  12. K

Things Sure Have Slowed Down!!!!!!!

Mine crashed twice since I got the update installed on Mar 7th. I had the black screen for about 3 miles before it rebooted itself, then the NAV was on and I said "Cancel destination" and it replied "Cancelling destination" then never canceled. When you push the voice button, it pauses for...
  13. K

Here's my wind noise

I had my wind noise fixed 3 times, this last time seems to have worked. They replaced all of the window seals AGAIN....
  14. K

Ugh... Seriously?!? Piss Poor Memory Management in New MFT

Just heard back from Regional Cust Serv Manager- their response to me was "Very few people are having problems, if you are still concerned contact the BBB"
  15. K

Do your breadcrumbs disappear after 5 breadcrumbs? Mine do...I used to be able to go hundreds of miles with my 2007 Ford Edge breadcrumbs---What good are breadcrumbs if they disappear so quickly??
  16. K

Rear Climate Control

Spengracin-----So the heat is supposed to come out of the overhead vents when using MFT, or are you referring to when you use rear controls?
  17. K

Which buttons light up?

Great, thank you!
  18. K

Rear Climate Control

Yes Im taking about the roof vents, we can get cold air from the roof vents with MFT, then if we switch to rear control the heat comes out of the roof vents, but not the other way around.
  19. K

Rear Climate Control

Anyone find out if the car is supposed to do this? Seems wierd you cant get heat to come out of the 2nd row vents from MFT. Major pain to reach back to rear controls to do this. Was it designed to work this way?
  20. K

Which buttons light up?

Not sure if this is an issue or not, but on my XLT when working with the air conditioning, there are two buttons, one says Mytemp and the other says Dual. Dual lights up when you press it. I cant tell if Mytemp is supposed to light up too? Any thoughts?
  21. K

My new update I got last week at the dealer, worked ok for 2 days, then it started having problems. Its back at the dealer once again. I was listenning to Sirius according to the dashboard screen, but the sound said I was listening to AM (as well as the screen near the steering wheel)...
  22. K

Navigation - SD Card Fault

Ford is mailing them,but if you don't want to wait the dealer can install now. I also got email from Ford saying it was being mailed....but not to expect it til the end of the month.
  23. K

Navigation - SD Card Fault

Sync/ MFT Update is at dealerships, and they said they are mailing a falsh drive to customers who are affected...if you cant wait just take it to the dealer and they will do it for you!
  24. K

MFT Subsection

EXACTLY HOW I FEEL. The dealerships dont know how to fix it and expect us to live with the nonfunctioning car. We paid good money for a car to have certain functionality. Im talking to a lemon law attorney today
  25. K

Navigation fault

Yes Im pissed, Im working with Ford customer service since this just wont go away. So frustrated, the dealership said since they couldnt get the error message to pop up, even though I have pictures of the error message, that they cant do anything since it doesnt happen during the 10 min they...
Back