Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

I'm considering an Aerostar.

Wanted to know if there is someone out there who can give me the skinny on used engine options as far as years that will work and other ford donor cars, ex.taurus. My 93' with 3.0 is getting pretty tired and needs new blood sooooon. Any thoughts would be big help. Thanks
  2. N

97 Aerostar looker Greetings, Granted the Astar is a little compact under the hood, it is not the PITA that it appears to be. I just finished changing out head gaskets 2 weeks ago and even had a cracked exhaust valve on the same bank as the gskt blowout and had to replace it and cut...
  3. N

How do I replace the spark plugs on my Aerostar?

Plugs I just pulled mine out the other day was not looking forward to it after installing them 45K ago, but since I put never seaze on the threads it was much easier than 1st time. I also removed the oil filler tube and it made getting to the passenger side much easier. I did however only...
  4. N

Buying an Aeror Welcome to the forum I am new also and have found this site priceless. I have a 1993 Aero with now 221K on the clock and owned it since it had 176K 3 yrs ago and only thing out side of regular maint. done to it was steering rack. I replaced it to solve several problems all...
  5. N

Driver's side inner tie rod replacement.

My rack and pinion replacement Hello, all I did replace mine 2 yrs ago and had same problem 93' star rwd driver side inner was waaaaayyyy loose upon inspection. Got a quote from tire center then decided to do myself, wasnt a big deal either. Just make marks where linkages are before...
  6. N

Spark plugs.

Spark plug replacement I replaced plugs in my 92' 3.0L astar and it is a lengthy process, and will remove some knuckle skin if you are not patient. Did it 3 yrs ago and it took me several hours. Jacking up and removing the tires will help greatly. Hardest one to get too is rear passenger...
  7. N

1993 Aerostar. Coolant & oil loss issues.

Hello all, I have a 93' Astar which I have had now thankfully for 3 trouble free years, with only minor repairs. It now has 221K on the clock and ever since I bought it with 176K it has always had a slight jitter to it, not a concern to speak of but recently it has gotten a little more shaky...
Back